Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-23-2019, 03:15 PM   #21
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This is an awesome piece. If I had the space and the extra money I would definitely pick this up.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:20 PM   #22
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Not sure which I like more. The CC one is really well done. The water will always look off because no particles, it does look way better with with the saturation boosted(instagr photos).
It wouldn't make sense, but I would totally get this one if the water could light up HAH! (Plug, no battery)

Don't care if the shark is bigger, as this isn5t depicting a unique event.
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:45 PM   #23
TheLostLogan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
Not sure which I like more. The CC one is really well done. The water will always look off because no particles, it does look way better with with the saturation boosted(instagr photos).
It wouldn't make sense, but I would totally get this one if the water could light up HAH! (Plug, no battery)

Don't care if the shark is bigger, as this isn5t depicting a unique event.
Pictures never do justice with how well P1 does their water and ice effects. They are the best in the business. It will certainly look amazing in person
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:53 AM   #24
Python
Omega Red

I love a good water effect, and for a mass produced item, this is great. Prime 1 have really given Chronicle a bad day with this one. A bad week in fact, Dilophosaurus aside of which Chronicles is far superior.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:22 AM   #25
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think CC always aim for the simplistic piece most of their things are maquette in JP relation. I guess its whatever you prefer I tend to like both depending what it is but even some of these diorama pieces are just as bland imo, Dilo being awful compared to what they have shown so far
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:58 AM   #26
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finder40 View Post
I think CC always aim for the simplistic piece most of their things are maquette in JP relation. I guess its whatever you prefer I tend to like both depending what it is but even some of these diorama pieces are just as bland imo, Dilo being awful compared to what they have shown so far
I give the edge to the CC piece; cool switch outs, in scale shark, and you can actually see the whole animal instead of the sea world style P1 went for.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #27
TheLostLogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I give the edge to the CC piece; cool switch outs, in scale shark, and you can actually see the whole animal instead of the sea world style P1 went for.
It’s true there probably won’t be any switch outs for P1’s, however the shark size might get tweaked before production and they aren’t showing the whole Mosasaur because it is a lot bigger than CC’s, plus they added their top of the line water effects (currently no other statue company can do what they do). The Mosasaurus is 1:15 scale which will currently be the biggest animal in the entire line excluding the Rotunda and for me personally, when push comes to shove, I’d rather invest in something that is very detailed and huge rather than pay $899 for CC’s smaller, less realistic looking work. Don’t get me wrong, their version is very nice, but it’s no secret that their production pieces never live up to the prototype.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:13 PM   #28
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostLogan View Post
It’s true there probably won’t be any switch outs for P1’s, however the shark size might get tweaked before production and they aren’t showing the whole Mosasaur because it is a lot bigger than CC’s, plus they added their top of the line water effects (currently no other statue company can do what they do). The Mosasaurus is 1:15 scale which will currently be the biggest animal in the entire line excluding the Rotunda.
1:15 confirmed? What scale is the Spinosaurus?
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:17 PM   #29
TheLostLogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
1:15 confirmed? What scale is the Spinosaurus?
It hasn’t been officially confirmed for the Mosasaurus, but based on the photos it looks 1:15 scale. All of the large dinosaurs in this museum line so far have been 1:15 scale (excluding Rotunda) while all the smaller dinosaurs have been 1:6 scale to closely match the dimensions of the 1:15 products to get your money’s worth. The Spinosaurus is definitely 1:15 scale as well.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:10 PM   #30
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
Absolutely love the water effect on the base.....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote