Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-24-2023, 08:43 AM   #101
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This looks like a cool set not including the big Yodas....

The top 3 are Vader, Ventress and Maul. Palps looks all kinds of wrong and Kenobi and Skyguy don't even fit the "Mythos" concept IMO.

Still hoping for a Ahsoka or a new Fett.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:48 AM   #102
mckinster
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
The top 3 are Vader, Ventress and Maul. Palps looks all kinds of wrong and Kenobi and Skyguy don't even fit the "Mythos" concept IMO.

Still hoping for a Ahsoka or a new Fett.

Totally agree, I po'd yoda but it doesn't come close to the sith apprentice triad. I think Fett or Chewie could work really well with this style
mckinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:25 PM   #103
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliseo85 View Post
I am very critical with this piece too, but the reason is not related to the (short) yoda dimension, that's part of the character and there's nothing you can do about it if you have to stay in that scale range.
The problem is the base: there are fantastic bases around (and you can make an argument about how the base's artistic value has increased in the statue market over the last 6/5 years or so) that tell a story and can be merged effectively with the char, adding value.
And this is clearly not one of those: a bunch of space rubber-astromechanical-things that just serves as a pedestal. The concept itself is doomed from the very beginning, despite a very good execution imo.
Yeah the base is a little uninspiring but believe it or not I think this piece looks good and I'm not really critical of the size. I know Yoda is meant to be short and there is no getting around that. I'm critical of the PRICE. There is no way on earth this should cost the same as the Darth Vader Mythos. If this was half price I would say it's good value but as it stands now, only $200 more can get you a much larger 1/2 scale Legendary Yoda.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 04:05 AM   #104
aliseo85
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Yeah the base is a little uninspiring but believe it or not I think this piece looks good and I'm not really critical of the size. I know Yoda is meant to be short and there is no getting around that. I'm critical of the PRICE. There is no way on earth this should cost the same as the Darth Vader Mythos. If this was half price I would say it's good value but as it stands now, only $200 more can get you a much larger 1/2 scale Legendary Yoda.
that's fair
aliseo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:28 AM   #105
riky
Mephisto

Based on its size and the rest of the line this is an awesome addition to the line at about $300. It is such an deep and hard pass at double that. I understand it’s a for profit business but that price point compared to what you get with its counterparts seems just absurd.
Still hoping for an Ashoka in this line, I’m just hoping she’s not a grand with tax and shipping by the time they get around to her.
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 11:50 PM   #106
mckinster
Fantastic Four

https://youtu.be/H7LG4R1d8Js

SS emailed out this preview video to people who Po'd. Pretty nice little painting vid. Hopefully the eyes and shading are close to the prototype
mckinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 04:27 AM   #107
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, always love seeing those videos. A bit of a “how to” vid. Nice!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 11:34 AM   #108
aliseo85
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinster View Post
https://youtu.be/H7LG4R1d8Js

SS emailed out this preview video to people who Po'd. Pretty nice little painting vid. Hopefully the eyes and shading are close to the prototype
Man I had absolutely zero interest in this piece, but that painting process changed my mind! great vid!
aliseo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 02:31 PM   #109
No1
The Avengers

I'm a classical guy in terms of Star Wars, so for me Vader plus Yoda would be perfect and enough, light and shadow, if they make a Luke to put in the middle than will be perfect!

Like in the old game Soul Calibur 4 that we have Vader and Yoda to fight.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 03:30 AM   #110
Aussiebot
The Spirit

So my wife gave me the ok to pre-order this Yoda Mythos as well as the Legendary Scale Yoda. Makes me suspicious what she's up to. I think he should look quite good between Darth Vader Mythos & Darth Maul Mythos.
Anyone else double dipping?
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote