Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > West Side WAR Room

Old 03-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #491
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

looks like its gonna be a good day today! The last piece of my Bowen Sin 6 ground should be here this week as should my giclee.
Going to try to figure out how to mix and pour the new lenses for the Im I am repainting. This should be fun.
So whats new with you guys?
Old 03-16-2014, 11:42 PM   #492
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

going to go watch the walking dead
Old 03-17-2014, 03:05 AM   #493
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Tonight's episode was straight up hardcore.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:57 AM   #494
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Morning Westside!!
DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #495
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

yeah it was, looking to see how many more are lost before the group finds each other
Old 03-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #496
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickwinzs View Post
looking to see how many more are lost before the group finds each other
I would be surprised if we lost anymore before they regroup. It seems most of the groups have someone they need to see from another group, Darryl and Carol, Maggie and Glen/Beth, Tyrese and Sasha. They all have a connection, and it would be somewhat unsatisfying if they didn't get to re-connect one last time before going out. If anybody goes, my money would be on Bob.

I've been reading many complaints (surprise, surprise) about this half of the season being too heavy on character development. I was thinking during last night's episode how amazing this half of the season has been because of the amount of character development. I have been loving the group being split up so much, it's almost like a different show. To me the Walking Dead has not ever truly been about the zombies, that's the background, that's what makes the story happen. It's about the people dealing with the zombie apocalypse, which is why I love the character development so much. I love some zombie action as well, but I don't think I've ever felt like "boring, can we get some zombies in to kill someone please!" My heart goes racing, and my stomach gets tied up in knots when the people start doing something. When Rick was trapped under the bed, when Carol tells Tyrese what she tells him, when that gang finds Darryl, those are the types of things that make me go OMG! not the walkers. The burnt ones last night were cool to look at though.

Anyway, rant over.

It was an awesome episode last night.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #497
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Spot-on assessment Tony.

I feel exactly the same as you. I'm enjoying the series WAY more since they've abandoned the prison and the group has splintered. The character development has been excellent and with the emphasis shifting back to day to day survival I get that "anything can happen at any time" feeling that was lost with them being in a fortified sanctuary.

As far as the complainers go, I really don't get it. Seems opinions are divided no matter where the narrative takes us. To me the series has never been about non stop zombie action. More than anything I appreciate seeing the survivalist tactics they take and the psychological aspects of the characters being fleshed out. To me the slowest part of the entire series was when they were in the prison dealing with the virus, the Woodbury narrative surrounding the annoying Andrea (so glad she is gone) and some of the stand alone Governor episodes.

The episodes in the second half of this season have been some of my favorites since they left the farm. Rick being trapped in that house, Beth getting what appeared to be abducted, Bob and Tyrese becoming characters I can actually like now, the emotional impact of what happened to those girls last night and Daryl meeting up with that rough group Rick encountered. All great stuff as far as I'm concerned taking the characters in challenging new directions.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #498
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

On another note I heard there was an earthquake this morning in LA.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:54 PM   #499
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Bob and Tyrese becoming characters I can actually like now, the emotional impact of what happened to those girls last night and Daryl meeting up with that rough group Rick encountered. All great stuff as far as I'm concerned taking the characters in challenging new directions.
Yup, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Tyrese in the comics is a very strong character, much less emotionally vulnerable than he's been portrayed on the show. I have to admit that I hadn't been that big a fan, and probably wouldn't have had they not split the group up. Same goes for Bob, he's been made much much more of a sympathetic character because of the split and the time they've been able to devote to him. I'm loving this season, but am worried about where it will go once they regroup and reach Terminus.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #500
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
On another note I heard there was an earthquake this morning in LA.
Didn't even feel it. It was a 4 point something. If you are in a quiet area, and are very still, you can feel those. I personally don't feel anything below a 5.
We haven't had a strong quake in many years, we are waaaay over due. It's just a matter of when, not if unfortunately. I always joke that the fastest way to bring it on is for me to set up my statue display. I just know that it's waiting for me to get everything nice and set up, them wham!

What's the worst thing you guys have to deal with up in Oregon? I never really hear about you guys.