Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 08-19-2021, 02:20 PM   #11
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Are these the same as the 1up's.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 03:25 PM   #12
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Are these the same as the 1up's.
No. There are a wide range of products that are all slightly different and aiming for a certain audience. On one end is playability, and the other is collectibility. Additionally, factor in authenticity, which varies across the board.

Arcade1UP is larger, more expensive, but focuses on playability, trying to recreate close to the arcade cabinet experience. These Numskull cabinets are the most authentic to the original designs, however they are only 1/4 the size, so playability takes a hit. Though they supposedly do handle very well still.

This post does a good job explaining all the different choices:

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/...rcade_cabinets
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:37 AM   #13
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
My preorder was effectively cancelled and this is from the email sent a good while ago

Something to do with the cabinet art rights being owned by a third party
That's weird. Just saw a post from a Numskull rep from 13 hours ago, that said "Unfortunately it's delayed pending an update from Konami". Maybe they'll re-solicit once it's resolved. They probably put most of the work into the machine already, and if it's just artwork holding them back, I'm sure they will want to get it released in some fashion.

Are you a member of Numskull's Fan Club on facebook?

Also, they just posted this teaser recently:
[IMG]image removed[/IMG]

That's TMNT, Space Invaders, Zoo Keeper, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Space Invaders Deluxe, QIX, Elevator Action, PEPSI machine

and the Turtles games may be 4-player cabs!
Old 08-22-2021, 10:31 AM   #14
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
That's weird. Just saw a post from a Numskull rep from 13 hours ago, that said "Unfortunately it's delayed pending an update from Konami". Maybe they'll re-solicit once it's resolved. They probably put most of the work into the machine already, and if it's just artwork holding them back, I'm sure they will want to get it released in some fashion.

Are you a member of Numskull's Fan Club on facebook?

Also, they just posted this teaser recently:
[

That's TMNT, Space Invaders, Zoo Keeper, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Space Invaders Deluxe, QIX, Elevator Action, PEPSI machine

and the Turtles games may be 4-player cabs!
That’s good to hear they’re still trying for it I really hope it’s still coming out as I love track and field hopefully the can get the rights sorted.
I’m not a member of the fb so thanks for showing the teaser! good to know they’re working on some new cabs as it’s been very quiet from them for a good while. The turtles cabs would be awesome if they are 4 player! definitely interested in qix as well. Wonder if the Pepsi machine will be a usb hub?

I took some pics of the mini cabs I have I’ll post them below
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 10:57 AM   #15
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Here’s the 1:4 numskull cabs I have (need to sort out another display space for them as I’ve just been rearranging the displays I have)

The are the 1:6 new wave toys ones apart from the space invaders table top machine it is fully playable (even accepts coins!) I imported it from Japan years ago)

the ‘carpet’ they’re sitting on is uv reactive so I fitted a black light strip just above them

These ultra mini ones aren’t so accurate but all still fully playable! (You can see how small they’re are compared to the 1:4 ones behind them)

Old 08-22-2021, 10:58 AM   #16
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Finally the 1:6 asteroids that’s all beat up I did myself, I had a spare so decided to relic it like it had been sitting in an old arcade for years and years. The replacement control panel is actually a replica of one that used to be used by arcades as replacements back in the day.

Oh and finally finally! My retro console collection

Old 08-22-2021, 11:43 AM   #17
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Finally the 1:6 asteroids that’s all beat up I did myself, I had a spare so decided to relic it like it had been sitting in an old arcade for years and years. The replacement control panel is actually a replica of one that used to be used by arcades as replacements back in the day.
That's brilliant.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 11:49 AM   #18
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
That's brilliant.
Cheers mate
Old 08-22-2021, 03:28 PM   #19
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Wow. Killer collection. Your efforts at aging that Asteroids is impressive. Love the 1:6 cigarette/ash tray! lol.

How is a 1:6 machine able to accept 1:6 coins? That blows my mind...

Can you tell me where you got that 'carpet'? It's awesome, and perfect arcade carpet!

I got these art prints a while back that I have to get framed, but they'll go great with my Pac-Man and Polybius machines and that carpet!

They haven't announced the Pepsi machine as a USB hub, but that's what everyone is assuming.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:13 AM   #20
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Wow. Killer collection. Your efforts at aging that Asteroids is impressive. Love the 1:6 cigarette/ash tray! lol.

How is a 1:6 machine able to accept 1:6 coins? That blows my mind...

Can you tell me where you got that 'carpet'? It's awesome, and perfect arcade carpet!

I got these art prints a while back that I have to get framed, but they'll go great with my Pac-Man and Polybius machines and that carpet!

[

They haven't announced the Pepsi machine as a USB hub, but that's what everyone is assuming.
Cheers!
It's just the tabletop one that accepts coins but it's full-size coins (the slot is on the right side of it in the pics) and it only gives you a credit when you put a coin in!

Love those art prints! The carpet is also sold by new wave toys and they're actually mouse mats! But they market them for sitting their machines on also, think they're sold out of them at the minute though.