Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
No word on that yet.
It would be cool though.

The piece kinda calls for it.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 02:03 AM   #342
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
It would be cool though.

The piece kinda calls for it.
I been saying that with many sideshow pieces 600 to 700 bucks and no led? I can order a item from kaionation with shipping included for 350 with beautiful different led lights.

look at this, its like someone grabbed a beige spraycan and spraypainted the hands, its awful, also the base wtf is even that!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Naamloos.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	160419

I think everyone here should just cancel their PO, guys just cancel and go ahead and protest at sideshow headquarters I'll just be here lurking....waiting........

awful just awful SMH
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 08:13 AM   #343
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

missed opportunities......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
I been saying that with many sideshow pieces 600 to 700 bucks and no led? I can order a item from kaionation with shipping included for 350 with beautiful different led lights.

look at this, its like someone grabbed a beige spraycan and spraypainted the hands, its awful, also the base wtf is even that!
Attachment 160419

I think everyone here should just cancel their PO, guys just cancel and go ahead and protest at sideshow headquarters I'll just be here lurking....waiting........

awful just awful SMH
i guess i just look at it with the mindset that they just continue to occasionally demonstrate "missed opportunities".......... particularly when it comes to lighting features which may/can add to the piece and bring it up a notch or two.......especially when they demonstrate that they dan do light up features on other pieces......

foe example.........

1--This very Captain Marvel.....it's a crime that her flames are not a light up feature when the new Iron Man Mark 7 has the amazing light up feature base. Something similar could have been done.....ugh...missed opportunity IMO.

2--The Batman Dark Knight EX PF has the eyes light up to reveal the LED lights that he and Fox worked up on so that he could get into everyone else's mobile devices. That feature was awesome. How come the same could not be done the with X-Men Cyclops PF..? didn't they once do it on the OG Cyclops.? Ugh..missed opportunity, IMO.

3--the Moff Gideon PF with the Dark Saber that lights up.....is there truly a justifiable reason that the new Ashoka PF lightsabers were not made to light up....??
Ugh......missed opportunity, IMO.

4--Nightcrawler and Gambit PFs.....the Sentinel hand center palm light......the Claw center light coming up from the Danger Room floor....

IMO, missed LED light up opportunities

I'm sure there are more out there....

Just my thoughts.
Old 03-27-2023, 01:59 PM   #344
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
i guess i just look at it with the mindset that they just continue to occasionally demonstrate "missed opportunities".......... particularly when it comes to lighting features which may/can add to the piece and bring it up a notch or two.......especially when they demonstrate that they dan do light up features on other pieces......

foe example.........

1--This very Captain Marvel.....it's a crime that her flames are not a light up feature when the new Iron Man Mark 7 has the amazing light up feature base. Something similar could have been done.....ugh...missed opportunity IMO.

2--The Batman Dark Knight EX PF has the eyes light up to reveal the LED lights that he and Fox worked up on so that he could get into everyone else's mobile devices. That feature was awesome. How come the same could not be done the with X-Men Cyclops PF..? didn't they once do it on the OG Cyclops.? Ugh..missed opportunity, IMO.

3--the Moff Gideon PF with the Dark Saber that lights up.....is there truly a justifiable reason that the new Ashoka PF lightsabers were not made to light up....??
Ugh......missed opportunity, IMO.

4--Nightcrawler and Gambit PFs.....the Sentinel hand center palm light......the Claw center light coming up from the Danger Room floor....

IMO, missed LED light up opportunities

I'm sure there are more out there....

Just my thoughts.

1000% agree, brought that up on the FB forum and some opposed LED in statues.
It would be great to at least have that option to turn on LED or keep them off, they didn't even bring up good points to be against it.
Some said the cost would be too high...hmmm again I can get very cheap ones half the price of a Sideshow piece, so Sideshow should realize the competition is getting much better than them.
It's time they step up and add LED to their releases, their storm with built in LED lights is $600, so it can easily be done.
Captain marvel's blast would look so much better with LED
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 02:04 PM   #345
nearmint
Phoenix

Sometimes, like in the case of Galactus, Sideshow doesn't announce a light-up feature at the time of preorder because they don't know if they'll be able to engineer it with light-up or not. Rather than promise it and not be able to make it happen, they don't mention it in the item description at preorder.

I'm hoping that's the case with Captain Marvel. They didn't want to promise it without knowing for sure if they could make it happen. Let's hope it happens.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 03:59 PM   #346
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Both points are very understandable. It’s just odd to me as I suppose this particular Captain Marvel may require some special electrical engineering TLC that is beyond my scope of understanding….. but when I see pieces like Moff Gideon’s light up dark saber…. And others in the past that have light up sabers… IE.. Vader, etc.. and then they drop such a popular sought for character like Ahsoka would clearly look amazing with light up blades to not have them…..

It just feels like a missed opportunity is all.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:09 PM   #347
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Back in stock for preorder?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 11:16 PM   #348
SDguy

Yup, back up for PO, no email, no WL conversion, no notification in my account

Actually, won't let me order it. Same error message as when warehouse finds, and people have it in their cart, and are checking out. maybe it's their new website? It just shows up as available, but only WL conversions can actually order?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 11:20 PM   #349
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Back in stock for preorder?
maybe a warehouse find
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 04:34 AM   #350
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Bruhh....they ran out of warehouse finds....back on WL
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote