Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2022, 08:46 PM   #1
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Anyone else collect without having plans for display?

So I have this bad habit of collecting statues without figuring out where I'm going to place it. I'll instinctively preorder the item, wait three years for it, it's finally in my hands. A massive 1/3 scale statue. Then it hits me: I have no room for this. This happens to me too often, and it's one of the main reasons I don't post pics of new arrivals at this forum. lol, it sits in limbo for 2-3 weeks before I figure out my arrangement.

Anyone else have this problem?
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:22 PM   #2
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I did before but I have paired down my collection. Maybe that is what you might need to do in order to display things you get? I know some people will put some out and have some in storage but I never liked that idea. I do want all of my statues out.

If you do not want to get rid of any statues, maybe look around at how you can fit them in. I am fortunate I am single and live alone so I have some in my living room and some in my bedroom so they are not all in one space. I like that because since they are spread out I can really appreciate them and not have them all put on just one or two sets of display shelves.

Also, how many statues do you have and what scale. My statues are either Bowen FS or Tweeterhead so I am not dealing with 1/4 or 1/3 scale.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 10:56 PM   #3
romakrelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I did before but I have paired down my collection. Maybe that is what you might need to do in order to display things you get? I know some people will put some out and have some in storage but I never liked that idea. I do want all of my statues out.

If you do not want to get rid of any statues, maybe look around at how you can fit them in. I am fortunate I am single and live alone so I have some in my living room and some in my bedroom so they are not all in one space. I like that because since they are spread out I can really appreciate them and not have them all put on just one or two sets of display shelves.

Also, how many statues do you have and what scale. My statues are either Bowen FS or Tweeterhead so I am not dealing with 1/4 or 1/3 scale.
I have dozens of statues ranging from 1/6 to 1/3. I also have a Queen Studio 1/1 on preorder, but that's not due for another year and a half. I recently got the idea to put my 1/3 Anne Hathaway Catwoman on top of the solid black box that it comes with because it's quite attractive and looks like a little table and actually compliments the statue.

Anyways, downsizing might be a good idea. I'm not single so my geek space is quite limited. As I collect more items of higher and higher quality, I find my older stuff less appealing.
Old 10-01-2022, 11:10 PM   #4
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Was getting ready to move so boxed everything up. Then house prices went crazy so all mine have been in their boxes for 2 years. New ones get opened to check out then go back in box. A few I got I then decided I no longer wanted so have sold them used even though brand new but opened. Has made me rethink before buying.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:13 AM   #5
qz33
Rescue

This isn't a hobby of restraint or rationality.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 11:29 AM   #6
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Was getting ready to move so boxed everything up. Then house prices went crazy so all mine have been in their boxes for 2 years. New ones get opened to check out then go back in box. A few I got I then decided I no longer wanted so have sold them used even though brand new but opened. Has made me rethink before buying.
I’m the same boat as you..except I have not sold anything yet..might do that soon though, because I have about 12 statues on order. I have a plan in my head, on display options..but that will depend on the room I get when I finally move. But I know I’ll make it all work out some how. It just has to at this point…

And I already told the wifey, whatever house we purchase, we need one extra room just for my crap, not for guest’s…the Stare I got was awesome..but she didn’t say no…lmao
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:11 PM   #7
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

let your wife know that there are nice hotels that can accommodate guests
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 02:15 PM   #8
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
let your wife know that there are nice hotels that can accommodate guests
Lol, yeah I can only imagine the response I get from that..
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:21 PM   #9
MrYac
Hercules

i have plenty of plans to display the stuff i buy.... they just never quite get beyond the planning stage
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:55 PM   #10
romakrelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i have plenty of plans to display the stuff i buy.... they just never quite get beyond the planning stage
My plans never extend beyond "my plan is for this to look really cool."