Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-16-2023, 01:37 PM   #11
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
IMO it would be a mistake to bring in Bale/Bats. I think he needs to exist outside of all else. If it happens I?m sure Nolan will be rolling his eyes.
As far as i know, Christian Bale would like to come back to the Batman role. He said in an interview, ''WB never asked me to play Batman in DCEU'' and it was written on his face that he was really surprised for that and he would say yes, if WB asked him to play the Batman in DCEU. Bale doesn't care about Nolan's ''realistic'' vision for Batman. And i would like to see him be Batman again in DCEU or another Batman film before he gets too old.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 06:31 PM   #12
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
IMO it would be a mistake to bring in Bale/Bats. I think he needs to exist outside of all else. If it happens I?m sure Nolan will be rolling his eyes.
Yeah, I agree only because the Burton and Snyder films felt to me like comic book movies whereas Nolan?s trilogy felt like great crime films (well, the third wasn?t so great IMHO) who?s starring character was a comic book hero. It?s just different and not a fit with the others, good, bad or otherwise.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 06:57 PM   #13
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

FYI, James Gunn shot down the Bale Batman rumor, which I think is good, Batfleck and Keaton are enough for this film.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 08:18 PM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
FYI, James Gunn shot down the Bale Batman rumor, which I think is good, Batfleck and Keaton are enough for this film.
Yeah, he also debunked a rumor that George Clooney would be the new go-forward Batman.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:51 PM   #15
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Yeah, I agree only because the Burton and Snyder films felt to me like comic book movies whereas Nolan?s trilogy felt like great crime films (well, the third wasn?t so great IMHO) who?s starring character was a comic book hero. It?s just different and not a fit with the others, good, bad or otherwise.

I didn't like the third film when i saw it in theathers, but i cought a cable tv rerun short time ago and i thought it was an awesome film. Bane and Catwoman were fantastic, ending it all with old Batman after he just fought against Ra's Al Ghul and Joker in his youth papered on with some Scarecrow, Two Face and Falcone was ''realistic'' enough.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:55 PM   #16
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'm looking forward to Keaton, and that's it. I don't know why they chose an obscure version of Supergirl, or why they're using Supergirl instead of Superman for the Flashpoint storyline that involved Superman. I didn't like Miller as Flash so I don't think I'll enjoy seeing multiple versions of him either. Big ole pile of "meh" except for Keaton.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 06:07 PM   #17
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I'm looking forward to Keaton, and that's it. I don't know why they chose an obscure version of Supergirl, or why they're using Supergirl instead of Superman for the Flashpoint storyline that involved Superman. I didn't like Miller as Flash so I don't think I'll enjoy seeing multiple versions of him either. Big ole pile of "meh" except for Keaton.
I think 1) The Henry Drama is what forced it.
2) Gunn did say the DCU plan is to have a SG movie (based on Woman of TOmorrow comic) so that could be one particular reason.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:33 AM   #18
AC_808
Hercules

Looking at the trailer, it looks like they made Keaton Batman more acrobatic and more of a fighter, than just gadgets this time around. Will have to see if that's true when the movie comes out.

If they did do that, I applaud them. That would be a sign that they, DC/WB Discovery, are finally getting closer to the source material.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:50 AM   #19
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
That was when they planned on replacing Superman with Supergirl for the DCEU. They hired Cavill back then hired Gunn who fired Cavill (stupid), now Gunn had to do Ezra Miller damage control and go with the Flash movie instead of trashing it like Batgirl (thank goodness). Huge mess.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:55 AM   #20
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickleClaw View Post
I think 1) The Henry Drama is what forced it.
2) Gunn did say the DCU plan is to have a SG movie (based on Woman of TOmorrow comic) so that could be one particular reason.
Gunn's DCEU plan also includes a Superman film called Superman Legacy. The Plan to replace Superman with Supergirl and Batman with Batgirl was before Gunn and hopefully never see the light off day under Gunn management of DCEU.