Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-15-2022, 08:43 AM   #381
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Has anyone posted this with the last Cap and the last Hulk sculpted by Pablo.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 10:52 AM   #382
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
Plus he's missing two of his silver discs. Glad I passed. There's not much "classic" about this crap. Cap's silver shield, Thor's missing discs...smh

Crap? You misunderstood my post as I never said that, but maybe crab? As a nod to my referencing District 9?

Seriously, let me clarify. I consider this THOR sculpt to be the best anatomically "classic oriented" sculpted version ever offered on the market so far. Yes, even rivalling Bel's (which i own),...........except for those fcking triceps/delts!

A master sculpt, where Canale gave us a little too much. Tried to figure why(?), & my theory is the man must of had his mind on the great Messi, and the upcoming World Cup, got too excited, hence a Thor overly pumped-up?

A great sculpt, that yes, should have been repositioned on the base to maximize viewing options, & an adjusting of two upper arms proportions. Other than that, a great work that just needed some minor twerks.

P.S. In the future, if I can find the extra funds, find a skilled sculptor/painter, & find the courage within? I'm gonna have them upper arms redone on this thing. Then? Perfection.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 03:34 PM   #383
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Has there been many conversion as of late? It would seem like the conversion rate has slowed a little since release.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 02:03 PM   #384
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Crap? You misunderstood my post as I never said that, but maybe crab? As a nod to my referencing District 9?

Seriously, let me clarify. I consider this THOR sculpt to be the best anatomically "classic oriented" sculpted version ever offered on the market so far. Yes, even rivalling Bel's (which i own),...........except for those fcking triceps/delts!

A master sculpt, where Canale gave us a little too much. Tried to figure why(?), & my theory is the man must of had his mind on the great Messi, and the upcoming World Cup, got too excited, hence a Thor overly pumped-up?

A great sculpt, that yes, should have been repositioned on the base to maximize viewing options, & an adjusting of two upper arms proportions. Other than that, a great work that just needed some minor twerks.

P.S. In the future, if I can find the extra funds, find a skilled sculptor/painter, & find the courage within? I'm gonna have them upper arms redone on this thing. Then? Perfection.
yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 10:10 AM   #385
Divo

Quote:
yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah

Yeah, yeah, blah, blah? Are you an old tunes Beatles fan? Did someone cut your throat? Or do you think that pointing out the obvious, then slapping yourself on the back is the whole of it, & that's all she wrote?

The omitted Thor discs are an improvement, a more "grown-up"/practical design. Besides, those pelvic discs would impede Thor's bone, making it hard for the rod of the thunder to roam.

As for Cap's sliver of silver shield? No big deal. Again, adds a touch of realism to the work, showcasing metal foundation. Where's the unforgivable crime? Besides, Cap is not red, white, and blue enough for you?
Old 11-17-2022, 05:14 PM   #386
PeachFuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Yeah, yeah, blah, blah? Are you an old tunes Beatles fan? Did someone cut your throat? Or do you think that pointing out the obvious, then slapping yourself on the back is the whole of it, & that's all she wrote?

The omitted Thor discs are an improvement, a more "grown-up"/practical design. Besides, those pelvic discs would impede Thor's bone, making it hard for the rod of the thunder to roam.

As for Cap's sliver of silver shield? No big deal. Again, adds a touch of realism to the work, showcasing metal foundation. Where's the unforgivable crime? Besides, Cap is not red, white, and blue enough for you?
Grown-Up? Realism? These are comic book characters, Clyde...lol Why change the costumes on these characters that have worked for 60 years?

"The omitted Thor discs are an improvement, a more "grown-up"..." That's your quote, Corky. Omitting two of Thor's docs is "Grown Up"? WTF
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 06:03 PM   #387
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Grown-Up? Realism? These are comic book characters, Clyde...lol Why change the costumes on these characters that have worked for 60 years?

"The omitted Thor discs are an improvement, a more "grown-up"..." That's your quote, Corky. Omitting two of Thor's docs is "Grown Up"? WTF
He probably means more in line with modern sensibilities. Tastes change and older styles can look dated. Some things age well, others not so much.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 08:54 AM   #388
Y3E
Gen 13

Having the 2 discs at the shorts was stupid anyways. Poor art design by Kirby/Ditko/Heck.

Regardless of the missing disc's, still a classic representation. Same with Cap and the silver stripes on a shield.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 10:45 AM   #389
Divo

Quote:

WTF indeed, when a couple of missing dots gets you all tied-up in knots. And this from a guy who didn't even buy the statue? Now that's outta whack, Jack!

And yes, they are comic characters, but ones that are interpreted through sculpture, a different medium which presents unique challenges. I applaud the efforts.

Now, i don't read comics anymore, but if i google any character(?), I am stunned by the huge variety/range of artistic interpretations offered, of which I don't even recognize anymore. It does not matter. Whether the creative source is directly from comics or not, i don't care if the sculpt/work is good, & captures the essence of that character.

I've been waiting for a HULK sculpt for years, (& i'm still waiting!!!). My childhood memory of Hulk is distant, vague, but I do have a sense of what I'm looking for, .................. I think. When I google HULK, I get green, red, grey, old, armoured, small headed, excess mass, .......etc.....etc....etc! I don't know the story lines, I can't understand some of the character's physical morphs, but I don't care. Why? Because in time, I know I'll get mine, something green and sublime, that I'm able to recognize. Until then, I'm good with other variations/interpretations, simply because it seems to resonate with other folks/collectors. So what's wrong with that?

In the meantime, I'm fine, & don't feel I have the right to insult Sideshow, their artists, or burn it all to the ground, while I wait around to get mine.

Now you don't have to agree, but labelling the work as "crap" for a slight artistic interpretation(?) is excessive/shortsighted at best, and outright insulting as stated. Then you double down, & proceed to take another "crap" on Cap?! Again, WTF indeed.
Old 02-28-2023, 07:19 PM   #390
Freezi

This Thor is majestic.
Freezi is offline   Reply With Quote