Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-20-2017, 04:46 AM   #111
pokritz17
Hydra

damn not even a low stock alert on this one? I thought it would be way more popular...is it because it's Origins?
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #112
aa909
The Green Hornet

^^^ most Prime 1 1/3 pieces don't sell out until after they ship. IMO it's less about the price, or character and more to do with space. With so many statues coming out from so many companies, 1/3 scale is a challenge for most collectors who are struggling with limited space as it is.

I think if the Prime 1 Arkham line was in 1/4 scale the demand would easily be double.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #113
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
^^^ most Prime 1 1/3 pieces don't sell out until after they ship. IMO it's less about the price, or character and more to do with space. With so many statues coming out from so many companies, 1/3 scale is a challenge for most collectors who are struggling with limited space as it is.

I think if the Prime 1 Arkham line was in 1/4 scale the demand would easily be double.
Completely agree. If the P1 Arkham pieces were 1/4 scale, my POs would've more than doubled. I picked up the Bane, Joker, Catwoman, and Harley PFs from sideshow because I loved the classic versions of those characters. However, I would've at the very least ordered the P1 Arkham Two-Face, Scarecrow, and Mr. Freeze if they were 1/4 scale instead of 1/3 scale.

The P1 Two-Face is practically identical to the comic version of the character and I think Scarecrow and Mr. Freeze actually look far better than their classic comic versions. If sideshow released PFs of the 3 characters I mentioned, I'd probably pass on all of them because I love the P1 Arkham versions more. I'd also add the P1 Joker because I don't mind 2 different versions of that character in 1/4 scale.

However, I don't have the space to add all these characters in 1/3 scale. That's the reason why I've only added the P1 Arkham Origins Deathstroke to my collection and I'm waiting for a 1/3 Arkham Asylum/City Bats. I just can't fit all the 1/3 Arkham pieces I like in my collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #114
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
damn not even a low stock alert on this one? I thought it would be way more popular...is it because it's Origins?
i think part of the reason is that it may be too different from the rest of the line with its pose and base, at least it was for me

plus we have two other jokers coming, AK and Bermejo (scale / time frame unconfirmed)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #115
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

From what I have heard, the Arkham Origins game was the least popular of the series (not from Rocksteady) although well received and the design of Joker for this game was a diversion from the original Rocksteady Arkham whose previous design later came back in the Arkham Knight. In my opinion, the Asylum/Knight version is hands down superior although Origins is cool too. Basically, $1050+tax+shipping is a lot to swallow for a character that just looks cool. I would like to see it in person and on friends shelves to look at when I visit, but no interest for the debt and space I would need to accommodate for it.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:27 PM   #116
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

I think for 1:3, swap outs and the quality I have seen. The prices aren't bad at all.
It's just knowing that we have soo many options we know are coming.

Personally I really like this piece. I would pose him Red Hood all day if I get him.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:33 PM   #117
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
I think for 1:3, swap outs and the quality I have seen. The prices aren't bad at all.
It's just knowing that we have soo many options we know are coming.

Personally I really like this piece. I would pose him Red Hood all day if I get him.
True and good switch outs. I think Prime 1 would have done better to focus on the Arkham Knight line due to my inner bias.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:27 AM   #118
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

He became deadly insane after he disguised himself as a made up villain called The Red Hood, and robbed Ace chemicals.....

This joker look awesome and the exclusive red hood portrait is the reason why I pre-ordered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dc-comics-batman-arkham-origins-the-joker-statue-prime1-studio-9030371-01.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	326.5 KB
ID:	111426   Click image for larger version

Name:	dc-comics-batman-arkham-origins-the-joker-statue-prime1-studio-903037-01.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	847.0 KB
ID:	111427  
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:28 AM   #119
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just received shipping email changed to July now
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #120
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Same here.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote