Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 07-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #201
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I just bought this piece at retail after wanting her for over a year now!
However, I'm deeply disappointed.
I should probably point out that this is my first Hot Toys piece/real action figure in general (more of a statue kind of guy) so perhaps I was just expecting too much or was a little too rough with the piece.

In short: part of the goggles are broken, arm falls off (yes, the whole arm falls off, somehow part of the joint broke) and the piece is as stiff as a 16 year old boy with a copy of Playboy. Seriously, are all figures this hard to pose? I couldn't get her to stand in any way other than straight up, and when I do that she just looks like a emotionless barbie doll. Couldn't do any of the cool poses I've seen on the promos, or even the ones other collectors have.
For a while I thought I had some sort of cheap knock-off but I have been assured by my friend it's the real deal (he has one) and it was, after all, bought form a reputable reseller.

Sorry for the rant guys, but I was just wondering if anyone else felt she was hard to pose/had similar problems? Or is this all because I'm just a newbie to the action figure game?
Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #202
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahwaf View Post
I just bought this piece at retail after wanting her for over a year now!
However, I'm deeply disappointed.
I should probably point out that this is my first Hot Toys piece/real action figure in general (more of a statue kind of guy) so perhaps I was just expecting too much or was a little too rough with the piece.

In short: part of the goggles are broken, arm falls off (yes, the whole arm falls off, somehow part of the joint broke) and the piece is as stiff as a 16 year old boy with a copy of Playboy. Seriously, are all figures this hard to pose? I couldn't get her to stand in any way other than straight up, and when I do that she just looks like a emotionless barbie doll. Couldn't do any of the cool poses I've seen on the promos, or even the ones other collectors have.
For a while I thought I had some sort of cheap knock-off but I have been assured by my friend it's the real deal (he has one) and it was, after all, bought form a reputable reseller.

Sorry for the rant guys, but I was just wondering if anyone else felt she was hard to pose/had similar problems? Or is this all because I'm just a newbie to the action figure game?
Sorry about your luck Dahwaf. She is indeed very difficult to pose dynamically primarily because the suit is restrictive and compounded by her footwear. All these figures are extremely delicate, I assume this one more so because if how much thinner she is. I was leery to manipulate mine much from the first time I took it out of the box for this reason.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #203
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

The Goggle are rather delicate. Lots of people had problems with them
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #204
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah some people say if you look at those goggles wrong they will break. I'm hoping for Sideshow or someone to have a Catwoman on Batpod at SDCC. If not I'm going to have to get this Hot Toys version. People on the Freaks forum have her setup kind of cool. Not riding the Batpod but almost as good.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:17 AM   #205
ukshaun
Hercules

Just picked up one of these for a good price on Ebay. I noticed some sellers are asking a small fortune, for a figure that has never left its box. Since i want to display mine, i figured i may as well obtain one that has been displayed in a cabinet, and well looked after. To be honest, while i'm not into figures, i think this is one of those Hot Toys figures that worked out exceptionally well. It will also tide me over until Prime 1 reveal Cat Woman The Dark Knight, should it ever happen, as other than a small tease image, there's been no news since.

My Cat Woman remains in transit for the moment. It's been in transit for 4 days. It remains in the country of origin. FFS. How can a parcel take 4 days (and counting) to leave the location where it was posted?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:11 PM   #206
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

just take extra care with the goggles, especially if it has been untouched
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:30 AM   #207
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
just take extra care with the goggles, especially if it has been untouched
I've read about those goggles. I just hope they don't arrive broken.
It has taken 5 days for the parcel to be marked 'Exported'. Atleast it has finally shipped from its country of origin.

The Bat-pod looks excellent. But these are crazy prices on ebay.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #208
Y3E
Gen 13

I kick myself for not getting the Batpod to go with my CT
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #209
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I kick myself for not getting the Batpod to go with my CT
The Batpods on ebay are highly priced
I watched a video on YouTube. Unlike Batman, Catwomans arms don't appear to reach the handle-bars. I get the impression the idea is to pose Catwoman sitting on the bike without leaning forwards.

My HT Catwoman sits in customs.
Posted on the 8th. Its now the 20th
12 days and counting..
Old 09-27-2017, 04:48 PM   #210
ukshaun
Hercules

Hot Toys - The Dark Knight Rises - Selina Kyle/ Catwoman (figure)

Some out of the box shots. Not the best admittedly.
She's a beauty. It's like Selina Kyle is in the room, all be it in miniature form.
I decided to pick up one of these up, while the wait continues for Prime 1 to reveal their
Catwoman from The Dark Knight Rises

This is the image the provided the inspiration to display Catwoman with the goggles in the
upwards position like cats ears, and the mask slightly up, so as to reveal Selina Kyle's life-like
eyes. Hot Toys can be amazing at times.

The goggles are fragile and fiddly. Quite a lot of force is required to spin the goggles around so
as to act like cat ears. Luckily they did not break. The hair is an arse to get to stay behind the
ears and not stick out. The outfit limits pose-ability.

Both Harley Quinn and Catwoman are 1/6 scale. Catwoman looks smaller?