Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #1
Model Maker UK
Frackin!

Hello

I've just acquired my first Sideshow piece.
Being primarily a model maker I didn't really want to get into collecting but this was a good deal.
Anyway it's the Legendary Scale Alien bust. Looking at it from a builder/ painter/ sculptors perspective being honest I dont know people rave over these. For the money collectors are expected to pay for I dont think you get your moneys worth. If I'd built and painted this there's no way I'd think I'd done a good job and would never let it go to a client looking like this.
Anyway sorry about my first post being a bit negative.
What I plan to do is take this apart, strip the paint and re-do the lot. I'm going to see if I remember to record some video as I go which might help others thinking about doing this. Think I'm going to have to break out the Dremel to get that dome off though
Model Maker UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:35 AM   #2
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

welcome. a few others have taken this apart and repainted to incredible works. pre-paints are hit and miss as to factory paint ups.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #3
Vatos Locos
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model Maker UK View Post
I've just acquired my first Sideshow piece.
Being primarily a model maker I didn't really want to get into collecting but this was a good deal.
Anyway it's the Legendary Scale Alien bust. Looking at it from a builder/ painter/ sculptors perspective being honest I dont know people rave over these. For the money collectors are expected to pay for I dont think you get your moneys worth. If I'd built and painted this there's no way I'd think I'd done a good job and would never let it go to a client looking like this.
Anyway sorry about my first post being a bit negative.
What I plan to do is take this apart, strip the paint and re-do the lot. I'm going to see if I remember to record some video as I go which might help others thinking about doing this. Think I'm going to have to break out the Dremel to get that dome off though
Welcome!

I can see where you´re coming from.
My first SS piece was also very dissapointing, and I wish there would have been more critizism online to keep me from buying. Sadly, I don´t have the skills to re-do a statue completely.

That being said, there are many wonderful and better made pieces out there, so keep collecting!

Looking forward to seeing videos made by you.
Vatos Locos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:29 AM   #4
Model Maker UK
Frackin!

113 views and only 2 replies ?
I'm getting the feeling it's not too cosy in here :/
Model Maker UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #5
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model Maker UK View Post
113 views and only 2 replies ?
I'm getting the feeling it's not too cosy in here :/
I don't think it's a matter of that, just your first post was not much of a conversation piece. More you stating you weren't happy with your statue. Not to say that is right or wrong, just not a comment that would elicit much feedback.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote