Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-11-2017, 03:11 PM   #21
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Very intrigued by this line, but I think this character's proportions look a bit too anime for my tastes.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #22
dao2
Cyclops

Yeah I'm in a similar bought. I was pretty excited when I first heard about the line and I'll still watch it, but not liking this one. Armor is too form fitting and yeah dunno... maybe animish like you say.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:47 AM   #23
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Yeah I'm in a similar bought. I was pretty excited when I first heard about the line and I'll still watch it, but not liking this one. Armor is too form fitting and yeah dunno... maybe animish like you say.
You can see the back of one of their unpainted male characters, and he has a sword resting on his shoulder that is reaching into ridiculous anime-size territory. But we'll see.

I have a feeling this is not going to be the Templar/Crusader statue line I am looking for...
Old 09-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #24
dao2
Cyclops

that I don't really mind
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:47 AM   #25
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
You can see the back of one of their unpainted male characters, and he has a sword resting on his shoulder that is reaching into ridiculous anime-size territory. But we'll see.

I have a feeling this is not going to be the Templar/Crusader statue line I am looking for...
Actually there is nothing wrong with the sword. Ever heard of a Zweihaender?? Here are a couple of pics of this type of sword.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t06yOm9.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	108071   Click image for larger version

Name:	zweihander.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	108072  
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:05 PM   #26
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
Actually there is nothing wrong with the sword. Ever heard of a Zweihaender?? Here are a couple of pics of this type of sword.
The Zweihander didn't exist until a few hundred years after the crusades from what I understand, nor did many other large, two-handed swords. Apparently they weren't used often and only appeared briefly in history. As far as large weapons go, polearms and halberds were used much more, but I'm not sure if those were used in the crusades.

Regardless, I think the size of the sword has more to do with this line's (possibly) more anime-themed style rather than historical accuracy.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:43 PM   #27
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think this will be a more anime style line than traditional armor. You can see that in the form fitting armor they sculpted for Muriel. Im looking for this line to produce the last piece I need to round out my medieval statue shelf. If I get the male pictured above, lol 3 of my pieces will have their swords resting on their shoulder haha. Gladiator Hulk, Kier and the new red sonja has an ax on her shoulder going the opposite direction.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:44 PM   #28
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefGQ1u1hlY

Here is the link to Dani Reviewing the Muriel statue. Good insight to the line.
i think they are making 3 heads for this statue
Im really loving all the weathering on the armor. Scrapes and scrthches on her shield are excellent and there are scraped all over her armor as well.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #29
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I think you should probably do some research, since your usage of the word anime is borderline nonsensical.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:25 AM   #30
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I think you should probably do some research, since your usage of the word anime is borderline nonsensical.
That's nice. Do you have any non-aggressive, non-insulting posts to contribute to the discussion? Or any proof to back up your claim that my use of the word "anime" is "borderline nonsensical"?

I already know you don't, but I thought I'd ask.