Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-08-2018, 10:13 PM   #341
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Get in line ! jk I want a Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel film. It will be awesome, she's even awesome in comics. Comen On Disney !
I think Feige said Kamala is on his list of things he wants to do.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:10 AM   #342
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
We'll get it eventually. I do believe.
I hope you're right...it would be epic!!!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:05 AM   #343
ukshaun
Hercules

To all the fans who came to the Marvel Panel at Brazil Comic Con today, enjoy this exclusive poster!!!!
I’ve loved exploring your country so I felt like the least I could do is gift you a drawing of myself! I’m not egotistical I promise.
I’ll get you a drawing of Goose next time �� #CapitãMarvel
(via Brie Larson Instagram)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #344
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Brie Larson is such an idiot. She can lift Thor's hammer.....Thanos is "shrimpy". Punching planets and whatnot....wammen power. There's absolutely nothing she can't do and do it BETTER than everyone else.
Her arrogance is truly nauseating. That's not what ANYONE wants in a superhero/heroine

"I knew I was powerful and strong and more capable than everyone else but everyone else told me...I was better than that...I was stronger and MORE powerful than I already knew I was, and they were right. I eat Infinity Stone's for breakfast. I arm wrestle the hulk and make him my B1tch every single time no matter HOW mad he gets."

Ugh. Please.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12...-thors-hammer/

https://comicthrill.com/2018/12/16/c...nd-of-shrimpy/
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:25 PM   #345
built2shred
Phoenix

Based on the trailer I'm not overly impressed with Brie as an actress.... Have to wait and see how the movie goes, this could be Marvel's first real bomb since the original Hulk movie...

As for her comments in the interview she's just trying to get under all the fanboys skin... Didn't you know Women are superior to Men in all aspects? well until they go all mean girls and try to rip each other apart on social media
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:51 PM   #346
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Based on the trailer I'm not overly impressed with Brie as an actress.... Have to wait and see how the movie goes, this could be Marvel's first real bomb since the original Hulk movie...

As for her comments in the interview she's just trying to get under all the fanboys skin... Didn't you know Women are superior to Men in all aspects? well until they go all mean girls and try to rip each other apart on social media
I understand. The thing is there's a way to do things and there's a way not to. If you want to encourage more female support for the industry and "empower" women...you DON'T make them infallible....NO ONE relates to that at all. People struggle and suffer and go through obstacles and that goes for everyone. Very insulting to women to pretend that they are invulnerable and have to be sheltered from failure and pain like the rest of us, it's insulting to not challenge them because it actually weakens them, mentally and physically, whether you believe it or not. To not go through tests, to not be challenged, to place someone in a protective bubble is a sure fire way to destroy them gradually. You might think you're doing it in their best interest,maybe you mean well protecting them and whatever, but it's such a huge disservice and will ultimately lead to catastrophic failure. Women go through ordeals, they make leaps of faith. They risk things and learn like everyone else. When you don't let them...when you make them Mary Sues you take away their true power of independence, determination and self sustainability.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:21 PM   #347
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Brie Larson is such an idiot. She can lift Thor's hammer.....Thanos is "shrimpy". Punching planets and whatnot....wammen power. There's absolutely nothing she can't do and do it BETTER than everyone else.
Her arrogance is truly nauseating. That's not what ANYONE wants in a superhero/heroine

"I knew I was powerful and strong and more capable than everyone else but everyone else told me...I was better than that...I was stronger and MORE powerful than I already knew I was, and they were right. I eat Infinity Stone's for breakfast. I arm wrestle the hulk and make him my B1tch every single time no matter HOW mad he gets."

Ugh. Please.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12...-thors-hammer/

https://comicthrill.com/2018/12/16/c...nd-of-shrimpy/

Comments like these from Brie Larson are comments from someone who is ignorant and knows nothing about the actual history of the character they're playing. She's just another actress who is making a buck by playing a character in a movie genre that happens to be at the top of the cinema food chain right now. I have zero interest in her opinion of something that I don't believe she gives a flying fig about. And, I agree that she was a poor choice for this role.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:19 AM   #348
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Gotta love when people take a comment out of context. Even a simple joke. Besides, cutting excerpts out leads to misunderstanding. Reading comprehension anyone?
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #349
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

To all the fans who came to the Marvel Panel at Brazil Comic Con today, enjoy this exclusive poster!!!!
I’ve loved exploring your country so I felt like the least I could do is gift you a drawing of myself! I’m not egotistical I promise.
I’ll get you a drawing of Goose next time �� #CapitãMarvel
(via Brie Larson Instagram)
She looks pretty good in that costume. I think she’s a little short to me Captain Marvel though. She’s about 4” too short.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #350
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

even though I do not like the costume I do think that it is very comic book accurate.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote