Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 10-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

polystone statue minor touch up, tools recommandations

Hi guys, think i am just going to try fix the statues myself since it's almost impossible to find someone willing to do repairs.

I read through all the sticky posts but a lot of seem to be aimed at custom paint. I just need a list of tools for touching up a paint scratch or blemish, please be as specific as possible in term of brands/model as you would telling a 5 yearold

Also are there any tips on to best match the color? for example a polystone statue has a tiny white dot in the middle of a black armor, what brand paint and other tools would you need exactly to touch it up?

thanks!
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:07 AM   #2
gagaliya

i checked out tamiya's website. For paint touchups on a polystone statue. They have 4 types of acrylic paint which is best in my case?

10ml acrylic
10ml flat acrylic
23ml acrylic
23ml flat acrylic

also do i need to "thin" the paint?

and what type paint brush should be used, i imagine it needs to be something tiny, are there any recommendations?

is there a guide about mixing the various paints to match the color?

finally once i got all the above, do i just dip the brush in the paint bottle and touch up the statue?

sorry if all this seems a bit dumb, kind nervous since both pieces are $500+ each, dont want to mess it up.

thanks
Old 10-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Honestly if you want to get the paint to exactly match it will be near impossible, especially if you are not experienced. The main thing you will need to know is color theory, i.e. what colors to mix to attain other colors. What colors do you need to match?
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
gagaliya

I need to match those white chips. I couldnt believe how difficult it is to find someone who can repair/repaint statues for you. Everyone is either not taking new orders or completely backed up.

Looks like this is the new sector for job growth

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=122375
Old 11-01-2011, 04:20 AM   #5
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Bad news but it looks like most of those are on areas original painted via airbrush, so you're not matching A color, you're matching LAYERS of color. With the paint style already applied I'd say just try and make the chips look like more battle damage/weathering honestly.
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:47 AM   #6
Ash
Kindly Asked To Leave

Does anyone know how I can fix this statue with touch up paint? In the pic you can see by Darth Mauls nose there is a line of black paint in the center with green arrows pointing to it should be painted red. How can I either remove the black or paint it over red?

Also a little bit of red paint is by his right nostril. So how can I paint that black? Any advice is appreciated. I cant find any local artist that repairs or does touch ups on statues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	94671  
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote