Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-31-2020, 04:07 AM   #281
slow17motion
The Spirit

Between my best friend and I, we've ordered a ton of stuff through TH. Here's a list of our issues: Starfire was supposed to be out in August of 2019. Robin was July-September of 2019. Batgirl was September-November of 2019. Green Lantern is supposed to be out in February. Hawkgirl's whole thing just sort of fell to pieces. Superman's release was a botch. He was delayed for a long time and then the replacements never materialized. The Robin EX was changed from fitting three statues to two statues--to being an exclusive connective piece and unique Robin base (but only after several months of promises to show his base that never materialized).

So, I've spent well over $1,000. So far, I have a poorly made Superman and a decent Batman.

My best friend has nothing to show for it and he spent around $700.

All of our orders are fully paid for and have been for a VERY long time.

Chad is a wonderful human being, but his company has lost much of my faith. I really hope he gets things together, because I personally love TH's art style and think the brand has a ton of potential.

Speculative Fiction, on the other hand, is an amazing human being and is constantly on top of things. If he makes a mistake, I have full confidence that he will correct it. I can't say enough about him. He's just terrific.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 04:11 AM   #282
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
After all the horror stories, I was pretty worried when I received a broken Catwoman. I was starting at a point of little patience since I expected the worst based on what had been mentioned in this forum.

I received same-day replies to my e-mail and a replacement body was sent out almost right away. The replacement had the end of the whip broken off. I received another same-day reply followed by Chad shipping another one the same day. I think I received three Catwoman statues within a 2 week period.

I'm not relaying that to discount anyone's issues. But, that is a recent experience that may be indicative of where they are currently at.
That's truly awesome. Maybe they're getting it together. I would love to see Tweeterhead become a thriving, successful company. They are reasonable in their pricing and seem very ambitious. I think Chad has dialed it back with ramping up expectations--and that's probably a wise business move.

I look forward to seeing what they're offering in the future. If word-of-mouth improves and I feel a bit more confident my issues will be addressed within a reasonable time frame (and if Robin and GL really impress me when I get them), I'd love to continue doing business with TH. They have some cool looking statues.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:45 AM   #283
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
and what happened to the damaged ones Brandon? Was it hammer time?
Nope. With one replacement, the body was sent alone. The other one was complete with the base. So, there really is an almost perfect Catwoman statue with just the end piece of the whip broken off. I didn't do anything with them (they are sitting boxed in my garage) just in case Chad asks for them back (well, really the one that just has the broken whip - the other might as well be thrown away).

That is one other recommendation for Chad - have people smash these things. Otherwise, the market is going to be flooded with messed up Supermans (although, I know he said he was going to have people smash those).
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:45 AM   #284
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Nope. With one replacement, the body was sent alone. The other one was complete with the base. So, there really is an almost perfect Catwoman statue with just the end piece of the whip broken off. I didn't do anything with them (they are sitting boxed in my garage) just in case Chad asks for them back (well, really the one that just has the broken whip - the other might as well be thrown away).

That is one other recommendation for Chad - have people smash these things. Otherwise, the market is going to be flooded with messed up Supermans (although, I know he said he was going to have people smash those).
While you're absolutely correct, he should ship them and ask for smashed pictures after the person receives it. I don't trust TH enough to smash my statue at this point. I will smash it AFTER I get the part. Just adopt Sideshow's policy that essentially stops working w/ customers who don't follow through.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:57 PM   #285
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

From Chad:

(Darkseid) “...Going back up on Tuesday and we’re including an extra part for the EX customers. Extra right hand holding a mother box...”

And one more pice of news

“... Payment plan too. $50. down and 5 monthly payments! Flat rate shipping on all US orders!...”

That mean 2 EX parts... mother box hand and calm portrait
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #286
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Extra right hand holding a mother box...”
F yeah!
I just read FB and we will be getting 2 mother boxes.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 05:40 PM   #287
Tweeterhead
Tweeterhead
Producer

Hey Slow17motion.

I recall our conversation, and I know we shipped you that glove. I do have extra so please...send me a pm with your email address and I will make sure to get you another one out.

I'm sorry you;re as unhappy with us (me) as you are. I take these things so personally and again, like the last time we talked on a Saturday, I couldn't believe that I had made you so unhappy on a weekend that I would hope we were all having a good time. I truly am sorry for your aggravation. You've got my number and can call anytime.

That being said, you're the kind of customer that is at the top of my list to turn your experience around.

Hopefully in a few months you will think better of us (me)

Thanks and feel free to drop me a line any time!
C
Tweeterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:45 AM   #288
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
From Chad:

(Darkseid) “...Going back up on Tuesday and we’re including an extra part for the EX customers. Extra right hand holding a mother box...”

And one more pice of news

“... Payment plan too. $50. down and 5 monthly payments! Flat rate shipping on all US orders!...”

That mean 2 EX parts... mother box hand and calm portrait
Sweet!
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:22 PM   #289
craigcliff1
Zot

New EX 2 Mother Boxes
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #290
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
New EX 2 Mother Boxes
Don’t forget about the hand with tattered Superman cape.

So EX:
-additional portrait (calm face)
-hand with motherbox (two motherboxes with different paint apps)
-hand with tattered SM cape
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote