Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-25-2010, 07:31 PM   #11
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceans11 View Post
Way back in 1999 I attended the comic con in Oakland, CA. This was Wondercon, or is the annual convention that would eventually become Wondercon. John Romita Sr. and John Romita Jr. were there doing sketches for people.... pricing something along the lines of $100 for Sr. and $65 for Jr. I picked up a sketch of Spiderman from JRJR for my friend, and best man at my upcoming wedding, as I knew he was a huge Spiderman fan. Full figure inked sketch of Spiderman, no background, but it still looked really, really nice. I didn't pick up anything for myself at the time from either of them.

Flash forward to current times and I look back and kick myself for not spending the money to get sketches from both of them for myself. Yeah.. completely blown opportunity and one of my few "art" related regrets.
I was there. That was the old WonderCon location. SDCC bought them out and moved to SF. The old location later became SuperCon, I believe by the old owners. Then moved to San Jose. I had no desire then for sketches. So I'm kicking myself also on that one. Got JR SR to sign some cards though. Very nice guy.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:50 AM   #12
Underdog07
Hercules

Byrne was at most of the shows I went to in the early 80s. Of course I did not have any interest in black and white art.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #13
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

George Perez was at the 2006 Motor City Con. However, due to a lot of external circumstances, I forced to leave the show after only being there two hours, so I didn't get anything from him. (The parties responsible apologized after they'd ruined the con for me.) That's my missed opportunity.
greenjeans1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #14
Esseovegas
Doh!

Could have gotten Grendel pages when it was a back-up feature in Mage, I was in contact with Rick Rankin who was the inker, but I wanted Mage which was inked by Sam Kieth. Still kick myself over missing that.
Esseovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #15
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hrm.. I had the opportunity to buy a fantastic page from Planet Hulk, of Caiera and Hulk together, from Aaron Lopresti, but I bought three other PH pages of his instead.

Two of them I still own, matted, framed.. and never to be sold.

But the page I'm referring to would've been sweet.. it's the "one-page splash" where they're both about to fight the Spikes together, right after Caiera stabbed Hulk in the foot.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote