Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #21
s.slayton
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Sorry you had such a bad experience! I'll stay far away from him!

Here's a link to some Hero Initiative info.

http://www.heroinitiative.org/spage....at+Can+I+do%3F
s.slayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #22
Marvelcap
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Well, Hell froze over today and this piece actually showed up in my mail. I had long given up on it and resolved myself to never doing business with Ale Garza again, so I wasn't even excited or happy to be opening the packaging to see it. It looks better in person, but it will always represent one of the worst experiences I've ever had with an artist (I guess as a show of apology there were three random art prints thrown in for free for near 3 years of mental torture).

So, like suggested in this thread earlier, I'd like to "donate it." But how do I do that? Who would take it? Are there options for who I give it away to, or is there only one all encompassing company who takes art? Does "donate it" simply mean me selling it off on my own and taking the cash and giving it to a charity?

Any info would be great =)

Thanks!
On eBay if you list the piece under the advanced listing tool you can go to the eBay Giving Works section and donate 100% (or any % you decide) of the proceeds to any of the non-profit organizations listed there. The listing should be free unless you add features that have a cost.
Marvelcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #23
Yzerman99
Sinister Six

It's a nice piece, but at $200 and 2 years wait ... I'd be super pissed!
Yzerman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #24
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Well, it's been a rough couple of years even getting him to acknowledge that he owed me this piece. If you're not up to date, you can read my review about this experience in the Artist Rating Thread

Of course, he still hasn't mailed it to me, and it's been more than a month since he finished it. But more so, I don't know if I was expecting something impossibly great after waiting all this time. Originally, he just kinda made a quick sketch that was below the standards of his convention sketches. So I emailed him and asked him to add in flames and a little color to the background (he was posting progress shots on his Facebook account of what she was looking like). Of course he got pissed, but he did it, and here it is. I don't know, the legs look off to me, and imagine this without the flames and yellow highlights on her body - it was just pretty poor and I had to kinda argue with him about adding in more to it.

What do you guys think? I know I won't ever do business with him again, but is this the eyesore that I think it is for a two year old commission at $200?

It's good quality for a convention sketch. But as a full-blown commission? This isn't worth the money you lost on it.

Good luck selling it. Sorry you got hosed on this.
greenjeans1978 is offline   Reply With Quote