Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-26-2017, 04:25 AM   #601
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Lex was terrible. That and Batman's extreme violence were the biggest mistakes. It's like I think Kevin Smith said, if Batman is willing to kill Superman and street level thugs, why is Joker still alive?

If Justice League is another screw up I expect a reboot.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #602
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Yeah, I don't think it was that bad. Just the most notable. Easy target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
It was not the best, but certainly not the worst.
Exactly. I gave the theatrical version a failing grade but I can certainly appreciate the level of filmmaking employed to make it. Their failure was not giving the majority of the audience the film they wanted with the versions of the characters they were comfortable with. That doesn't equate to a "bad or terrible film".
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:55 PM   #603
SONICobra
Batman

if lex luthor had been cast better and they didn't try forcing all the justice league stuff I think it would have received a much better reaction from most
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:42 PM   #604
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Lex was terrible. That and Batman's extreme violence were the biggest mistakes. It's like I think Kevin Smith said, if Batman is willing to kill Superman and street level thugs, why is Joker still alive?

If Justice League is another screw up I expect a reboot.
The extreme violence by Batman was jsutifiable if explained properly. The Joker is just a local Gotham threat. While Superman was an alien with god-like powers and a planetary threat. Batman didn't care if a handleful of criminal mercenaries were killed in his attempt to get the Kryptonite. The movie should have made it more clear that Batman was willing to break his no killing rule. We only got an argument with Alfred that was supposed to explain that. Just bad writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
if lex luthor had been cast better and they didn't try forcing all the justice league stuff I think it would have received a much better reaction from most
It's been stated that they were looking at Eisenberg to play the Riddler but thought his take would work as Lex. But there was no Riddler in the movie (outisde some graffiti). So that just tells us that Snyder and Co. were casting before they had a real script. They had years to devleop this movie and the script still looks like a rush job. I don't think the introduction of the JL was a problem with movie. It was just handled poorly and there were too many competing plot lines. I liked hoe Lex was manipulating Clark and Bruce, but the genocide in Africa and the bombing in DC were supprosed to frame Superman but neither made sense. And Lex ultimately was a thug pushing Lois off the roof. Comic book Lex would be too smart to get his hands dirty. Just too much lazy and bad writing.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:24 PM   #605
Vracula
Jedi Order

Superman is an alien , the "No kill" rule does not apply to him.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:38 PM   #606
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they try to retcon some of the Justice League stuff for the upcoming movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
The extreme violence by Batman was jsutifiable if explained properly. The Joker is just a local Gotham threat. While Superman was an alien with god-like powers and a planetary threat. Batman didn't care if a handleful of criminal mercenaries were killed in his attempt to get the Kryptonite. The movie should have made it more clear that Batman was willing to break his no killing rule. We only got an argument with Alfred that was supposed to explain that. Just bad writing.

It's been stated that they were looking at Eisenberg to play the Riddler but thought his take would work as Lex. But there was no Riddler in the movie (outisde some graffiti). So that just tells us that Snyder and Co. were casting before they had a real script. They had years to devleop this movie and the script still looks like a rush job. I don't think the introduction of the JL was a problem with movie. It was just handled poorly and there were too many competing plot lines. I liked hoe Lex was manipulating Clark and Bruce, but the genocide in Africa and the bombing in DC were supprosed to frame Superman but neither made sense. And Lex ultimately was a thug pushing Lois off the roof. Comic book Lex would be too smart to get his hands dirty. Just too much lazy and bad writing.
But Joker killed or we can assume seriously wounded Robin. I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet. So I don't know how they interact in that movie. Yet Batman didn't seem to just take up that level of violence because of Superman's arrival. Remember in the Ultimate Edition he's stabbing that one guy and punching him in the family jewels. It's going to take some good writing to explain away Joker's continued survival as if Batman got his hands on him, he would probably throw him off a building.

I thought the manipulation barely made sense unless you watched the Ultimate Edition. And even then the World's Greatest Detective and an investigative reporter seem easily played by a few photos.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote