Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-09-2018, 12:45 PM   #41
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Kinetiquettes already won? Dude let Hmo improve the sculpt if that's what they intend to do.

They shouldn't just "move on" cause someone else made a Mai. If companies didn't try to make their best pieces just because someone else already made the character than that would be a terrible mentality for companies and a lose situation for collectors.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #42
ukshaun
Hercules

Compared to HMO's Morrigan, Mai doesn't appear to impress as much. As a female fighter wearing red, i have have kept on comparing the piece to the XM Studio's Scarlet Witch, which in my eye's, looks superior.

Some have commented at their dislike of XM's Scarlet Witch, compared to other XM offerings.
I wonder where Mai figures in the minds of these collectors?

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:22 PM   #43
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

LOL i ordered scarlet witch as well. Yea reds my favourite color apparently.

Mai is different from XM style. I think both have their own unique points but mai appeared to be finished in higher quality. But that just might be from the professional paint apps versus production piece from XM. As well as the acrlyic eyes.

Anyw this was very up my alley so i hope to secure it.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:30 PM   #44
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
LOL i ordered scarlet witch as well. Yea reds my favourite color apparently.

Mai is different from XM style. I think both have their own unique points but mai appeared to be finished in higher quality. But that just might be from the professional paint apps versus production piece from XM. As well as the acrlyic eyes.

Anyw this was very up my alley so i hope to secure it.
You've ordered Scarlet Witch already?
- i wonder when Scarlet Witch pre order will be listed on the XM website?

Does Mai use the translucent resin similar to what Prime 1 use for the skin?
The skin is possibly one area where Mai looks more impressive than Scarlet Witch
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:14 PM   #45
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Kinetiquettes already won? Dude let Hmo improve the sculpt if that's what they intend to do.

They shouldn't just "move on" cause someone else made a Mai. If companies didn't try to make their best pieces just because someone else already made the character than that would be a terrible mentality for companies and a lose situation for collectors.
Yeah, I've been baffled just reading this thread. What Kinetiquettes showed as a render looks good, but it's just that, a render.

HMO has already shown they are capable of great work, so imo it's a lot of counting chickens before they hatch.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:27 PM   #46
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Just my personal taste, I find Mufizal's female portraits disgusting. Call it a plastic surgery look, or whatever, they look unnatural and somewhat unsettling. He's a great sculptor in many other areas, and I anticipate more of his Mega Man work.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:34 PM   #47
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Nope, just plain resin sculpt. If you have ren it’s the same. Come to think of it her skin quality looks very similar to Ren. So collectors will know what to expect.

This might potentially already be production quality.

I will however say one thing. The original prototype Morrigan was painted so well that the production piece is actually a little lacklustre. But that’s only because the prototype had one of the highest quality finishes similar to their ren. Yup I ordered scarlet witch at the con.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DA9D4895-7652-4863-BDC7-B9B13B296A75.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	117081  
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #48
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Every girl piece from HMO looks like they have gone through a hell lot of surgery from nose, lips, eyes.
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:57 PM   #49
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

[QUOTE=ukshaun;5654348]Compared to HMO's Morrigan, Mai doesn't appear to impress as much. As a female fighter wearing red, i have have kept on comparing the piece to the XM Studio's Scarlet Witch, which in my eye's, looks superior.

Some have commented at their dislike of XM's Scarlet Witch, compared to other XM offerings.
I wonder where Mai figures in the minds of these collectors?

As a big Mai Shiranui fan, I was very much excited to see her in person last saturday but when I saw her, I am not really that much impressed.. It was just okay. I really hope they will tweak her because their IORI is AMAZING!!! He is on another league compared to Mai...

I am not inlove her face and what disappoints me the most is her diaper looking undies. She is known to show her assets and they completely covered it

I saw they put a tag not to take photos so I refrain from doing so. I think they will revise her design.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:06 PM   #50
markuz30

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Nope, just plain resin sculpt. If you have ren it’s the same. Come to think of it her skin quality looks very similar to Ren. So collectors will know what to expect.

This might potentially already be production quality.

I will however say one thing. The original prototype Morrigan was painted so well that the production piece is actually a little lacklustre. But that’s only because the prototype had one of the highest quality finishes similar to their ren. Yup I ordered scarlet witch at the con.
I agree, I saw morrigan in person. Still a good statue, but like what my friend told me she lost some "wow effect" from the first time we saw her and its mainly because of the paint.. not as vibrant like before.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote