Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-21-2017, 11:44 PM   #251
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

I got my Catwoman PF in today, really looking forward to this piece, unfortunately she arrived with a broken leg. This is my first experience with a damaged statue. I emailed sideshow today and uploaded pics. For those that have had this issue what should I expect? Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170221_180800.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	102143   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170221_180804.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	102144   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170221_180817.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	102145   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170221_180826.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	102146  
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:50 PM   #252
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
I got my Catwoman PF in today, really looking forward to this piece, unfortunately she arrived with a broken leg. This is my first experience with a damaged statue. I emailed sideshow today and uploaded pics. For those that have had this issue what should I expect? Thanks for your help!
A) a replacement, if they have one available
B) a $25-$35 credit if you choose to keep & fix
C) return for full refund
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:58 PM   #253
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Moved.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:41 PM   #254
thekillerpotato
Frackin!

Noob here. Have a question I was wondering if the more experienced Sideshow buyers could help with.

I bought the Captain Marvel exclusive and part of the base didn't fit the alien head. I was able to return it and the replacement, a piece of Captain Marvels regular hair is broken off. They now tell me they sold out of the exclusive and to go buy glue to fix it myself.

What are my options?
I was hoping to ask them that it's the regular head and they should have more to send me replacement.

I was even thinking of asking them about the head from the one I returned to them.

Any suggestions would be welcome in how to interact with their CSR.

thekillerpotato is online now Report Post
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1211.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	102611   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1212.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	102612  
thekillerpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:48 PM   #255
Sh3r
Doh!

Xiall snapped part

Hey guys received my xiall with snapped part. What do i need to do to organise a replacement?
I am in contact with my retailer and they are trying but also suggested i try myself.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2536.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	512.7 KB
ID:	103041   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170213_111701.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	103042   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2535.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	103043   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2533.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	524.8 KB
ID:	103044  
Sh3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:16 PM   #256
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I've been looking forward to the Jango Fett PF ever since it was first discussed years ago. Massively disappointed when I realized my blasters were misaligned after receiving this a few weeks ago and completely gutted after getting a response from SS CS that they're all apparently like this and they can't offer me a corrected replacement. Buyer beware!

Old 08-01-2017, 02:46 PM   #257
Nyxs
The Avengers

That is the most bs excuse ever! I had the same reply on a current order I received. Meanwhile you get other people with the perfect looking blasters (Cbg got a pair of straight ones) and apparently they are "all" not straight. Sideshow gonna chalk it up to that old bs. /rant
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #258
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxs View Post
That is the most bs excuse ever! I had the same reply on a current order I received. Meanwhile you get other people with the perfect looking blasters (Cbg got a pair of straight ones) and apparently they are "all" not straight. Sideshow gonna chalk it up to that old bs. /rant
Yeah, it's complete BS! After the initial response from the CS rep about not being able to find adequate replacements because they were "all that way" I fired back with the pictures everyone posted here of their straight blasters, basically accusing them of not even checking and insisting they actually try before just throwing in the towel. I know, what a concept right? Not surprisingly they were able to find a straight pair when challenged so in the end I was able to keep the statue.

In a nutshell this is why I don't support this company much anymore. QC problems at these prices are one thing, but lazy customer service and/or complete denial of problems when provided concrete proof of said problems is just another level of incompetence I'm not willing to tolerate.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #259
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yeah, it's complete BS! After the initial response from the CS rep about not being able to find adequate replacements because they were "all that way" I fired back with the pictures everyone posted here of their straight blasters, basically accusing them of not even checking and insisting they actually try before just throwing in the towel. I know, what a concept right? Not surprisingly they were able to find a straight pair when challenged so in the end I was able to keep the statue.

In a nutshell this is why I don't support this company much anymore. QC problems at these prices are one thing, but lazy customer service and/or complete denial of problems when provided concrete proof of said problems is just another level of incompetence I'm not willing to tolerate.
I've seen them do this sort of thing enough times to make me wary of their customer service. I even received a new shipment that was clearly (and confirmed) a previously defective return. Yet so many continue to claim Sideshow's customer service is second to none. They can and have done right by customers, but a company shouldn't be praised when they play favorites or someone happens to catch a rep on a good day.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #260
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Yet so many continue to claim Sideshow's customer service is second to none. They can and have done right by customers, but a company shouldn't be praised when they play favorites or someone happens to catch a rep on a good day.
It may be surprising, but a lot of people judge their customer service based on personal experience.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote