Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-30-2017, 04:41 PM   #1951
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Agree, the hand looks matte, almost like they forgot to put the final layer of paint on it. I would be pissed too, for the price it needs to be perfect. I hope you're able to get a replacement arm. GL!
I agree...and I hope so!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #1952
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
I'm going to email the retailer...but will certainly end up contacting XM directly!

@VS1976: this http://www.mrclean.com/en-us/shop-pr...raser-original ?
There is no risk to damage the paint?
A simple #2 pink eraser will get that right out...as if it never was there.

In fact, there have been smudges often on statues I receive due to whatever reasons, but they at least 95% of them have been erased as if they were never there.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:32 PM   #1953
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
I take it this guy never bought anything from Sideshow...
Quote:
Well "this guy" didn't spent near 1300€ for a 1/4 Sideshow statue, so yes excuse "this guy" because he has higher expectations when it comes from XM Studios.

Also "this guy" said it was minor, the real problem here is the mechanic hand...that doesn't look metallic at all.
Damn this guy is right here... you don't need to be all coy.

Totally agree on the metallic hand. As far as the paint smudge which appears to be the size of 1/4 grain of rice, I'm saying I'd be "ok" if that was the only thing wrong given how much worse things could be. How difficult it is to replace things given cost of shipping etc. I guess I should have said that the situation on a whole is worth pursuing because of the arm, I wouldn't for the small scuff though.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #1954
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

AB, sorry to see yours came w/ a few defects. Hopefully your contact can sort it out. Mine arrived today, but I won't get home till Weds to open up this beauty.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #1955
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Can't wait for this.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:29 AM   #1956
Armored_Berserk

My retailer won't help because Cable was supposed to be a convention exclusive...
In short, I have contacted XM Studios directly! Hope they can help, even if I have to send it back to them in order to have it repainted.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:35 AM   #1957
Armored_Berserk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Damn this guy is right here... you don't need to be all coy.

Totally agree on the metallic hand. As far as the paint smudge which appears to be the size of 1/4 grain of rice, I'm saying I'd be "ok" if that was the only thing wrong given how much worse things could be. How difficult it is to replace things given cost of shipping etc. I guess I should have said that the situation on a whole is worth pursuing because of the arm, I wouldn't for the small scuff though.
Yes the paint smudge is very tiny and it's on the back of the arm, so it doesn't bother much.
In fact i'm going to let it as it is since it's not visible at all.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #1958
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
My retailer won't help because Cable was supposed to be a convention exclusive...
In short, I have contacted XM Studios directly! Hope they can help, even if I have to send it back to them in order to have it repainted.
Yes that's the way it is. Only if you live in Singapore for USA buyers. Otherwise your outta luck. The contacts can't do anything either since it's in xm's policy for USA buyers. It's just the risk we have to take. We're outta luck!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #1959
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Yes that's the way it is. Only if you live in Singapore for USA buyers. Otherwise your outta luck. The contacts can't do anything either since it's in xm's policy for USA buyers. It's just the risk we have to take. We're outta luck!
You're not out of luck...stop overexaggerating CBG! XM can help you out its just in this situation the owner of the statue with the problem has to pay for the shipping to XM to get it fixed. I think XM covers the shipping back to you (don't quote me on this part). And since it is a specific part it should not be too pricey.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:48 PM   #1960
darth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
You're not out of luck...stop overexaggerating CBG! XM can help you out its just in this situation the owner of the statue with the problem has to pay for the shipping to XM to get it fixed. I think XM covers the shipping back to you (don't quote me on this part). And since it is a specific part it should not be too pricey.
XM replaced a broken Sandman part for me. I had to pay for the part and the shipping and they sent it to me no problem in Canada. The part didn't cost and arm and a leg either. It was great customer service and had no issues.
darth is offline   Reply With Quote