Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #391
Davidian
Omega Flight

This definitely is not the best XM female by a long shot. The 2 new CW's are leagues better in the face department. This piece was promising before we saw paint, and now that I see it in color, easy pass for me. I only need Angelus anyway, so I hope they don't let us down with her (provided they ARE going to make her).
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:25 PM   #392
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Why is it a pass after the first painted prototype if you all know that XM will work on it?
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:36 PM   #393
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Why is it a pass after the first painted prototype if you all know that XM will work on it?
Just out of curiosity, why are you so personally offended if someone isn't crazy about an XM statue?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:01 PM   #394
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Just out of curiosity, why are you so personally offended if someone isn't crazy about an XM statue?
Please try to tell me where you read out that i was personally offended in my question. It was a question out of the experience with XM Studios.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #395
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Well to be honest, while I'm a fan of the character, it's not a must have for me. Completing a 1/4 scale trinity is a must have for me, and the initial prototype reveal of Mags was just lackluster in terms of presentation of the character. They'd have to really make my jaw drop to change my mind right now, i.e change the ENTIRE piece...pose, face, base, etc.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #396
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Please try to tell me where you read out that i was personally offended in my question. It was a question out of the experience with XM Studios.
It's just a feeling I get. When anyone makes any sort of comment about an XM piece that isn't 100% positive you're always the first to respond.

If that's not the case, then I'll gladly admit I'm wrong.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:19 PM   #397
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
It's just a feeling I get. When anyone makes any sort of comment about an XM piece that isn't 100% positive you're always the first to respond.

I would lie if i say you are 100% wrong , but i donĀ“t comment on every little critique. Nothing is perfect.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #398
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I said it had the potential...lol. Lots of responses make it sound like I said it DEFINITELY.

However, after really looking at it....I agree, Magdalena could not be the best female statue from XM so far. Phoenix for myself holds that honor and the only thing I see coming close to me liking more is Storm, Lady Sif, and a couple upcoming female mutants.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #399
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This piece has potential, just a few tweaks and it can be great. I still think Catwoman will take the cake as the best XM female piece though. Same goes for Poison Ivy.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:24 PM   #400
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:

He doesn't want it to hurt his sales. These are probably not a sure sale in Europe, but, then, I don't think there is a large European contingent on this board to begin with. FB is where most of that action is.

I bought the CS Moore Witchblade, about to do the same with Magdalena. Was expecting to be wowed by both pieces, but have been left disappointed. Money saved.
Tbolt is online now   Reply With Quote