Old 04-28-2017, 09:06 AM   #681
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Peeradon Kraikichrach - TCC 2017

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:58 PM   #682
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

THanks GRumpy Bear !! Any pics showing the base ?
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:22 PM   #683
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Can´t find more pictures from Swordman.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:53 AM   #684
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Man, Shibumi looks so sick!!!
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:54 AM   #685
Vince_be

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Can´t find more pictures from Swordman.
THanks GB np. I always wonder if the base is in clear resin or not because on some pics it looks like it is and some not..
Old 04-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #686
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
One thing that is certain is that it still has the purplish color of base like how it was at STGCC. Add to the fact that a couple may have cancelled due to seams shown (which is usual for prototypes)...it will more than likely not have those unsightly seams. With only 388 made...I am happy to keep mine. I will look to try and get Shibumi as well because he is a special traditionally sculpted statue.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #687
Vince_be

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
One thing that is certain is that it still has the purplish color of base like how it was at STGCC. Add to the fact that a couple may have cancelled due to seams shown (which is usual for prototypes)...it will more than likely not have those unsightly seams. With only 388 made...I am happy to keep mine. I will look to try and get Shibumi as well because he is a special traditionally sculpted statue.
I hope so. I'm more confident with Bryan answer about how XM hates seams, i haven't cancelled mine. and glad to hear the base is still in this purplish colors ! Still don't know if it's clear resin or not.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:03 PM   #688
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
I hope so. I'm more confident with Bryan answer about how XM hates seams, i haven't cancelled mine. and glad to hear the base is still in this purplish colors ! Still don't know if it's clear resin or not.
It will most likely be opaque resin. Ben was explaining to me at STGCC that clear resin is very soft, opaque resin is stronger, and the cold cast porcelain is the strongest. It seemed like they want to minimise the use of clear resin in the future in order to ensure longevity of the statues. This seemed like a good attitude to me, because it's no use getting a beautiful looking piece that starts to lean or warp in a few years. Having seen this piece and Mysterio at the con, I actually really love the opaque resin. It strikes a perfect balance to me. Also just for the record, the piece at STGCC had the visible seams but I was absolutely blown away by it and nearly ordered it. It's an incredible piece!
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:01 AM   #689
Vince_be

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
It will most likely be opaque resin. Ben was explaining to me at STGCC that clear resin is very soft, opaque resin is stronger, and the cold cast porcelain is the strongest. It seemed like they want to minimise the use of clear resin in the future in order to ensure longevity of the statues. This seemed like a good attitude to me, because it's no use getting a beautiful looking piece that starts to lean or warp in a few years. Having seen this piece and Mysterio at the con, I actually really love the opaque resin. It strikes a perfect balance to me. Also just for the record, the piece at STGCC had the visible seams but I was absolutely blown away by it and nearly ordered it. It's an incredible piece!
Thanks a lot It's Sisko, that's very interesting and a good point for XM too if it's for the durability of the statue i'm completely ok with it.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:05 PM   #690
StatueArt
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

With regards to the seams. here's what I think.
The production piece will definitely be better than the prototype, I had high confidence on that.

However if we understand the construction of this statue base, its really gigantic and those who saw it in person will know what I mean. The ghost-like base is suppose to be his killer skill moving along and around with him.

Its definitely impossible to have the base in a single piece. I estimate to have at least 5-6 pieces join together...but how to make the joint or seams not visible I doubt its possible.....good to see how it can be minimize.

No matter what, this is really the best statue in HK Comics history and I doubt any one can beat it
StatueArt is offline   Reply With Quote