Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #5571
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
So Dave Igo. Given the spectacular success of this, how about something similar for us monster and Alien fans..... Wolf Predator in his throne

https://youtu.be/yZSq8YJeWDg?t=25
best part of the movie
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:52 PM   #5572
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormentedbliss View Post
me tooo!!!!! seems awesome, first few times you switch dem out, but after awhile, you pick one and leave it, box up da rest, or leave on the base to get knocked over, extra head, arms etc, 1 price...1 statue
But what you said is exactly the point of the switch outs. You give people the option. You make 1000 statues. I'm sure 1000 people will not all choose the same display option. You have a variety for your collectors. You switch out the first couple times but you stick with what you like but having that option is great. that's why so many people are complaining about not getting the ex thanos the regular head isn't as cool. But you put both heads in every box then you have everyone satisfied, seriously why would you not want to have different display options ? Especially at the same price your paying for it anyways. You may like a piece you had no interest in if there was a different pose
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:07 PM   #5573
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
But what you said is exactly the point of the switch outs. You give people the option. You make 1000 statues. I'm sure 1000 people will not all choose the same display option. You have a variety for your collectors. You switch out the first couple times but you stick with what you like but having that option is great. that's why so many people are complaining about not getting the ex thanos the regular head isn't as cool. But you put both heads in every box then you have everyone satisfied, seriously why would you not want to have different display options ? Especially at the same price your paying for it anyways. You may like a piece you had no interest in if there was a different pose
just my opinion, its a statue, not a toy , posing figure, i would prefer it that way, but if it comes with extras, thats fine, just hate how 1 piece can separate the statue so tremendously, i dont see how thanos is a failure in any way, grin head or not, the entire piece to me is great, if there are going to be switch outs, put them in all boxes, my statement is clearly stating, make them all the same, no ex or all ex, same price....even tho i got the EX on a small ES, doesnt change my feelings on this
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #5574
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormentedbliss View Post
just my opinion, its a statue, not a toy , posing figure, i would prefer it that way, but if it comes with extras, thats fine, just hate how 1 piece can separate the statue so tremendously, i dont see how thanos is a failure in any way, grin head or not, the entire piece to me is great, if there are going to be switch outs, put them in all boxes, my statement is clearly stating, make them all the same, no ex or all ex, same price....even tho i got the EX on a small ES, doesnt change my feelings on this
No thanos is not a failure and I agree with you take away all the ex stuff. That's why I said sideshow should include more if they are going to increase in prices. Their two counterparts prime 1 and xm include switchouts. And they are not overpriced. Thanos is a great piece but I feel like they left a lot on the table by it including more options with the regular. You could have satisfied more people by having your 750 with both portraits and a resting arm possibly a cube. Then for your regular just included both Portraits. The options of having that switch isn't for the one collector but for the many. That's what I'm saying. Not trying to change your mind but from a stance of the hobby continuing to grow. But instead they continue to turn customers towards xm and prime 1.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #5575
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
best part of the movie
Throne of immaculately polished human skulls lol.
Is that movie worth watching? I've seen the first one, but not the second one.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #5576
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
No thanos is not a failure and I agree with you take away all the ex stuff. That's why I said sideshow should include more if they are going to increase in prices. Their two counterparts prime 1 and xm include switchouts. And they are not overpriced. Thanos is a great piece but I feel like they left a lot on the table by it including more options with the regular. You could have satisfied more people by having your 750 with both portraits and a resting arm possibly a cube. Then for your regular just included both Portraits. The options of having that switch isn't for the one collector but for the many. That's what I'm saying. Not trying to change your mind but from a stance of the hobby continuing to grow. But instead they continue to turn customers towards xm and prime 1.
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:54 AM   #5577
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
best part of the movie
Yeah, pretty much.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #5578
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Time for $699 already?
This was posted on this thread April 27 2016

memoriiieeessss
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #5579
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

wrong post
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #5580
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Exactly, how many people shift switchouts on a consistent basis? Even when I have more than one I rarely use them. Just want a cool looking statue.
I do because I have the option.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote