Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #261
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It was a typical Michael Bay movie. Either you like them or you don't.... All his movies have been week on story and heavy on action. It's how he does them all.... That might of worked in the 90's when all the computer special effects were new and the audience was all impressed by it, but now computer special effects are the norm and I think most audiences want a good story.

I just don't think Michael Bay is capable of telling a story, I think his style of movie telling went out in the 90's early 2000's... Only reason he's still around is because some how he keeps locking in popular IP's, and it doesn't hurt to be good friends with Steven Spielberg either....

I would love to see someone like JJ Abrams or Josh Whedon take on the Transformers franchise... I think both of those directors knows how to balance action with story telling.

I have to agree with Meteor Man in that it started out pretty good, I saw some substance in the story also but then about 20 mins after the start of the movie it just dove into non relenting action scenes and the story went out the window.
For sure. Transformers actually has some great lore for a more competent storyteller to work with. Imagine James Gunn working on the property
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:07 AM   #262
abarron
Batman

Finally saw this on DVD over the weekend.

Hoped it would be better or at least as good as 3 but was disappointed

Over long and boring. Product placement was pretty in your face and moving the action to China had nothing to do with the story and everything to do with finances.

Hoping to be away from Earth for the next one with some autobots that aren't just cars.

Also on that not i got half way though the film and hadn't realised Drift (???) was a triple changer. Seeing him transform from helicopter to car would have made that clearer.

Lockdown was pretty bad ass though
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote