Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-30-2016, 12:45 PM   #991
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I still remember when Igo posted that new companies (specifically XM) go through a 'honeymoon stage' with collectors. It looks as if he might've been right and this could be an early indication of XM's honeymoon coming to an end.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:53 PM   #992
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I saw/felt the frustration long ago when I was working on getting Jean. However, I don't regret the work or the outcome It's less about securing the pieces versus than having a fair shot -- based on XM stated numbers -- to try secure them at retail.

And I think with the DC license and X-Men being a go, the honeymoon might not be over just yet. X-Men have been LONG neglected (other than Wolverine).
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #993
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
I actually don't blame XM for wanting to get a bigger share of the profits by cutting out other distributors, and going this Con Exclusive route. The only part I am not sure of is they themselves selling already "sold out" statues as part of a bundle with Venom. It feels off to me. However, it is their business. I do feel though like I am starting to read more and more fan disillusionment when it comes to their pieces. Some guys who were fully in the XM hype train seem to have fallen off as of late..... except Grumpy and Loric... those boys are going to be riding that train all the way to the end or the line...lol
Most of that excitement was when we could order their statues directly from their official retailers at retail prices, it was a fun ride that lasted about a year before Marvel put a end to it. Even then it wasn't that bad to obtain them threw middle men if you ordered early enough, but with the latest debacle with the conventions it's just frustrating collectors... Also remember that XM came out at the time when SS was putting out some pretty bad statues quality wise, so XM looked like are knights in shinning armor with their high quality Since then Prime 1 has joined the scene and SS seems to be increasing their quality control. So yeah some of that excitement with XM has faded. At least outside the licensed areas.

Now less popular statues are still easy to get, you can get Kraven for $780 shipped on Ebay.. That's a great deal given you get a lion with him also. Surprisingly you can still get Bobba Fett also...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #994
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
I really don't see the issue with that. If I had a business that also had a storefront, I would always give walk-ins priority. That's just a good business.
Not really as this type of business practice will ultimately give your business a bad reputation... well maybe not with the walk-in people

As a business you have to show that your being fair across the board, if you decide to play favoritism you risk alienating your customer base.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #995
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
And now you feel better?

Many are not in the license area, feeling frustrated makes no sense for me.
If you cannot understand how other people feel in certain situations, and you can only understand your own point of view, that is your problem not mine.

I'm sensing that you have an issue with the concerns I post. I don't know if that's because you're the forum's #1 XM fanboy, or if you work for them. But, maybe you should block me so you don't have to read what I have to say.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #996
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Not really as this type of business practice will ultimately give your business a bad reputation... well maybe not with the walk-in people

As a business you have to show that your being fair across the board, if you decide to play favoritism you risk alienating your customer base.
I'm sorry, but there's no way you shouldn't be more solicitous of your best customers who visit your shop. Any business owner will tell you the same. Those are the customers who always come back if treated properly. As I said, if they were the type of business without a storefront, it would be different. Besides, you and the others who seem to be expressing the most disappointment are forgetting that you're not really XM's customers. I think those of us outside their selling areas need to remember that. As you wrote, it was nice to get around that reality for awhile, but it's just not the case anymore.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:42 PM   #997
polished1
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

To play devils advocate here...

The entitlement here is very strong. The thing is the complaints about how PO's exactly work are all valid.... If this was a North American company. These guys DO NOT SELL to North America, and therefore do not operate under the same rules as companies that do. You can ----- and moan all you want because you don't get your candy, but the reality is these guys don't operate the way you want them to. You're trying to play game X by using game S's rule set. You can either adapt to the way XM does things, or move on, but in the end you're not entitled to getting anything.
polished1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:42 PM   #998
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
If you cannot understand how other people feel in certain situations, and you can only understand your own point of view, that is your problem not mine.

I'm sensing that you have an issue with the concerns I post. I don't know if that's because you're the forum's #1 XM fanboy, or if you work for them. But, maybe you should block me so you don't have to read what I have to say.
The problem is i can´t see a problem. Like i said before XM has a license where they can sell the products. You are from the USA and there is no reason to be frustrated. I have no issue, i´m just relaxed and accept the rules or the work you must bring for a XM statue. That´s all.

Don´t be extreme like that, why should i block you? Because for your and my own opinion? Makes no sense.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:51 PM   #999
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
The problem is i can´t see a problem. Like i said before XM has a license where they can sell the products. You are from the USA and there is no reason to be frustrated. I have no issue, i´m just relaxed and accept the rules or the work you must bring for a XM statue. That´s all.

Don´t be extreme like that, why should i block you? Because for your and my own opinion? Makes no sense.
You can't see a problem because YOU have no issue ordering. You don't see the issue from someone else's point of view.

If you had a love for Sideshow statues, but you were actually blocked from ordering them, as in Sideshow said "nope, if you live in Europe you're not allowed to buy from us," you would be perfectly fine with that, to the point of having to pay extreme flipper prices or go to sketchy lengths to obtain said item?
Old 11-30-2016, 01:56 PM   #1000
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by polished1 View Post
To play devils advocate here...

The entitlement here is very strong.
People are entitled because they want to be given the same opportunity as someone else? LOL dumbest thing I've heard all day.