Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-30-2007, 02:51 PM   #11
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Hmm, trick plays are awesome, but it is also awesome beating the team on a athletic basis....
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #12
patrickwm68
The Flash

Anyone have the link to the guy peeing on the people in the inner tubes at the water park?
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:02 PM   #13
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Car50n is right about the rules, but listening to the video i didnt hear any coaches or people saying somethig is wrong with it.

All i herd was him say go to run. But long as no one used verbal tricks, the ball is snapped and the play is live.
That's the rule I was thinking about, too. And I don't hear anything from the coaches, either, but the player is obviously trying to mislead, and in anything other than low-key Pop Warner, there's no way this would stand, IMHO.

That doesn't mean it's not fun to watch, though.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:31 PM   #14
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
That's the rule I was thinking about, too. And I don't hear anything from the coaches, either, but the player is obviously trying to mislead, and in anything other than low-key Pop Warner, there's no way this would stand, IMHO.

That doesn't mean it's not fun to watch, though.
See thats the thing. In high school i seen QBs stop running and act like the play was dead to only haul ass for a TD.

Far as i know, what he did there was nothing sort of faking them out. Of course that could back fire on him and have a defensive player whos a nut pull a water boy on his arsh down the line!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #15
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
See thats the thing. In high school i seen QBs stop running and act like the play was dead to only haul ass for a TD.

Far as i know, what he did there was nothing sort of faking them out. Of course that could back fire on him and have a defensive player whos a nut pull a water boy on his arsh down the line!
That's a different thing, though. The rule I'm talking about has to do with making another team think that the play isn't imminent, not that it might be over. Oh yeah, I've seen tons of fake-out plays once the play has started; making it seem like play is delayed, however, is another matter, I think. It's a fine line, I agree, but I do think there's a rule against it, whether it was called or not.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #16
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

I've played against different variations of this
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:17 PM   #17
Jabberwocky
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Car50n is right about the rules, but listening to the video i didnt hear any coaches or people saying somethig is wrong with it.

All i herd was him say go to run. But long as no one used verbal tricks, the ball is snapped and the play is live.
The kid yells, "Coach, Coach... we need to find the ball [or something like that]"

The coach answers with "[something I can't understant]," "Alright bring it here," "Bring it here." Then as he walks toward him tells him to "Go."

So, according to Carson it wasn't legal. In my opinion it was legal, then it was pretty cheap.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #18
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Nice!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:46 PM   #19
tigertank1225
Teen Titans

next time the QB get's the ball, i would defintally be giving him a cheap shot. plays like that just piss the other team off. than somone gets hurt.
tigertank1225 is offline   Reply With Quote