Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-25-2018, 08:16 AM   #61
carty1983
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcross View Post
I thought his waist looked too small also. But I remembered Jerry used old body builder photos as a model for prior Kahn. Guys like Arnold had a small waist but big upper body.

but what difference does that make,,,the statue is of shao kahn not anybody else, it is suppose to look like shao kahn and be built like shao kahn not some body builder, the waist is bad, really bad, google shao kahn pictures and its just easy to see its wrong compared to the actual character from the game. why not just fix it and make it bigger the way it should be. he has the upper body of shao kahn and the hips of john travolta
carty1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:32 AM   #62
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I think you guys talking about “waist” and “hips” are nuts! Possibly fishing for reasons to talk yourself out of an extremely expensive piece?

It’s absolutely massive. And the sculpt of Kahn is 100% on point! The armor is also perfect.

The throne itself is very close to perfection. I would just like to see the footprint be extended a few inches so that his feet do not protrude off the side of the base.

Furthermore, given the measurements Jerry provided in the booth tour video, I stand corrected on my comparison to TOT in terms of size.

For Kahn fans it’s truly a magnificent day.

Bison should be so lucky!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:08 AM   #63
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I've come to the conclusion that convincing yourself not to buy a statue is at least 35% of statue collecting.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:28 PM   #64
apellica
The Herculoids

This would be an instant buy for me if I had the room for him. Space for all these 1/3 is becoming a huge problem.

I bought every MK 1/3 statue except for Goro. If I had room, I wouldn't definitely get them as well. The 1/4 versions of the bosses are good though too.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #65
supermetroid
Teen Titans

This came out of nowhere! It looks great, but I think they really release characters at odd times like this Kahn and the action Ken going up for PO right as the other versions are released in hand. I know different styles/scales blah blah but I think it would be better to space them out.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #66
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
This came out of nowhere! It looks great, but I think they really release characters at odd times like this Kahn and the action Ken going up for PO right as the other versions are released in hand. I know different styles/scales blah blah but I think it would be better to space them out.
2 more mk coming in that raiden style fully sculpted. Wonder what will happen to classic?

I hope this guy is sold out people have been going on and on about him for years. Only 100 Es time for your Wallets to do the talking.

Also hope the kung Lao Choir is ready if he comes up for po.

Me I just want my classic Kitana black base to finish my female trilogy that would be amazing.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #67
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Edit
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #68
qz33
Rescue

I just don't believe that Klassic style will catch attention in today's market. They have to make statues that appeal to a base
broader than those who still have the Klassics and are willing to continue the collection. Just not enough of those folks around.

The Raiden style with the black base swaps a la the SF Ultimates are likely the way forward

The last pure Klassics were the cyborgs so I think it's fairly self evident what happened to the Klassics.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #69
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty1983 View Post
but what difference does that make,,,the statue is of shao kahn not anybody else, it is suppose to look like shao kahn and be built like shao kahn not some body builder, the waist is bad, really bad, google shao kahn pictures and its just easy to see its wrong compared to the actual character from the game. why not just fix it and make it bigger the way it should be. he has the upper body of shao kahn and the hips of john travolta
you're right, it's supposed to look like shao kahn, good thing it does though right? :P

dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:24 PM   #70
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
2 more mk coming in that raiden style fully sculpted. Wonder what will happen to classic?
'Reboot in more of an XM style' has been tossed around, so I would presume it IS the klassic line, moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Also hope the kung Lao Choir is ready if he comes up for po.
They'll get my money if they release an MK9 variant...

EDIT: qz on the same page
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote