Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 11-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #11
Underdog07
Hercules

I wnet to High School with a kid named "James Bond" -- that one I think you can get away with
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #12
rychehitman
Galactus

I think there are a segment of parents in todays society that are getting a pass on their bad decisions too easily.

I am referring to the parents that have family names that also refer to body parts. If your last name is Ballzonya.....Don't name your kid Harry. We've all seen it. Why would any couple whose last name is INYA even THINK to name their child Richard.
It's got to stop.

The other group of people I am calling out are the ones that name their kids with words that make fun, torturous rhymes for school kids. You have to know that if you name your daughter ELLIE....some punk kid is going to start the "smelly ellie" chant on the playground at some point. Parents need to consider that as well.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #13
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
I think there are a segment of parents in todays society that are getting a pass on their bad decisions too easily.

I am referring to the parents that have family names that also refer to body parts. If your last name is Ballzonya.....Don't name your kid Harry. We've all seen it. Why would any couple whose last name is INYA even THINK to name their child Richard.
It's got to stop.

The other group of people I am calling out are the ones that name their kids with words that make fun, torturous rhymes for school kids. You have to know that if you name your daughter ELLIE....some punk kid is going to start the "smelly ellie" chant on the playground at some point. Parents need to consider that as well.
And what if she puts on weight? Then it will be "Smelly Ellie with the Jelly Belly"
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #14
risingstar
Jedi Order

My daughter's name is Selina. No one seems to know (or care) what inspired me (us) to pick out that name for her.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #15
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

well my first name is Robert and middle is Lee and I am from Georgia lol I caught HELL for that as a kid BUT I am not named after the General. I am named after my mothers uncle Robert and my Grandfather whos middle name was Lee ... BUT in my life I have caught hell for it one reason I never never use my first and middle names at the same time on anything if I can help it as someone always makes some kinda crack lol yeah I know I am setting my self up here. My brothers name is Luke we are twins and we got called Pee and Puke a lot as well lol
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #16
Batwing
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I wnet to High School with a kid named "James Bond" -- that one I think you can get away with
Cool. I have a colleague named Leslie Nielsen, and yes, he's heard all the Naked Gun references a million times.

I love this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Td8S3nJ41A
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
Batwing
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
My daughter's name is Selina. No one seems to know (or care) what inspired me (us) to pick out that name for her.
I wanted to name my daughter Leia but got vetoed. We settled for a Bond girl's name, i.e. Sophie (as in Marceau).
Old 11-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
Batwing
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
My name's Ryan B. (as in.. "be" ) Gay; I win.

My older sister is Jeffra B. Gay, and my younger sister is Elizabeth I. Gay.

We never had a problem with our names in school/etc.. didn't grow up when that was "an issue", and we all did sports/weren't shut-ins, had friends, blah blah... probably all helped.

... but I was almost William Wilson Gay IV; could've signed checks WWG IV like my dad does with a III.. my Mom blew it and said "no" (in retrospect, thank you Mom). Now I have no intention of keeping that name going, nor do my sisters.
Tim Allen the actor is from a Dick family.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #19
Batwing
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post

It's got to stop.
There was a TV actor and comedian John Inman (he is best known perhaps in "Are You Being Served?") who was openly gay--interesting coincidence. I'm sure there were many named Richard Inman as well!

I knew a kid named Harry Kok.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #20
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
well my first name is Robert and middle is Lee and I am from Georgia lol I caught HELL for that as a kid BUT I am not named after the General. I am named after my mothers uncle Robert and my Grandfather whos middle name was Lee ... BUT in my life I have caught hell for it one reason I never never use my first and middle names at the same time on anything if I can help it as someone always makes some kinda crack lol yeah I know I am setting my self up here. My brothers name is Luke we are twins and we got called Pee and Puke a lot as well lol
Great post Robert!
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote