Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-13-2018, 01:36 AM   #851
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Personally, I want to see more Transformers get made. I know a Grimlock is in the works but I'd love for the numbers to be enough that the line continues. I need my Sludge, Slag, Snarl, and Swoop!
You and me both mate. I would love all the Dinobots.

The 85 Minibots would be great as well, Beachcomber, Cosmos, Seaspray. Plenty of the later Decepticons as well.

I know I won't get much love in this department however Transformers that got a lot of airtime in the comics but not the cartoons would be great. Bludgeon, Brainstorm, Thunderwing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
THIS. And I hope that XM continues to stick to that model in the MTO format. Maybe it will even skew them to doing some fan faves in lesser done outfits....I even enjoy and appreciate the male statues. Iron Fist needs his buddy Luke Cage (with his tiara).

Say a Savage Land Rogue and Storm. Age of Apocalypse cast (loved Jean, Rogue, Blink, Storm...even the dudes looked cool).
Preach it!

I'm surprised Sideshow haven't done an AoA Blink. She fits right in with their bread and butter.

I'd really like a Death's Head statue. It would be for Marvel UK and Transformer fans.

Firelord, Nova, Night-Watch, Random (the mutant... not just anyone random), Shocker, Beetle all good stuff in my eyes.

Doing obscure characters will also lend variety to peoples collections instead of seeing everyone with the same Spidey, Wolverine and Bat characters.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:58 AM   #852
captoz
Nightwing

Some of those AoA designs were unbelievably cool. Would love to see a Blink, or Sunfire. Sabretooth and Wildchild would look amazing.

Unfortunately, there are still loads of mutant mainstays from the main timeline who deserve to be made but there's still no sign of them. I can't believe we don't have Beast, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Havok, Quicksilver and Angel yet. Especially Beast and Nightcrawler. They are main characters and would look cool as hell as statues.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:18 AM   #853
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I believe that Nightcrawler was hinted at, but I haven't heard anything about his Blue Brainy Friend.

Quicksilver HAS been made. XM has previewed him at many conventions. He looks really cool.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:23 AM   #854
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Dang I've been living under a rock, I missed this ES announcement. Well i think this ES only means that this statue will probably appreciate in value, because I doubt another licensed Jim Lee storm will ever be done in 1/4 scale.

Loric has been saying it all along too, better get your POs in with the new MTO model, looks like this if for real. Glad I got a PO in for cyclops but unfortunately Mystique and Prof X will have to be missed out on. Too much for them with the rising prices and I doubt they will drop in price aftermarket, with such a low ES.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #855
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
Dang I've been living under a rock, I missed this ES announcement. Well i think this ES only means that this statue will probably appreciate in value, because I doubt another licensed Jim Lee storm will ever be done in 1/4 scale.

Loric has been saying it all along too, better get your POs in with the new MTO model, looks like this if for real. Glad I got a PO in for cyclops but unfortunately Mystique and Prof X will have to be missed out on. Too much for them with the rising prices and I doubt they will drop in price aftermarket, with such a low ES.
God, I hope not.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #856
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
God, I hope not.
The only companies that can produce a licensed 1/4 are XM, SS and Prime 1 correct? prime 1 still haven't touched their marvel X-men license. Sideshow will revisit storm after these X-ladies sell well (which they probably will), but they will probably do a much more modern outfit and sideshowify it. So that is why i dont think we will see a Jim lee storm. Though I could be wrong because it looks like the Psylocke and rogue have Jim lee inspired costumes for the new X-Ladies line.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:00 PM   #857
built2shred
Phoenix

Does Prime 1 even have a 1:4 X-Men license? I thought it was 1:3
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #858
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Does Prime 1 even have a 1:4 X-Men license? I thought it was 1:3
Nope, not that I'm aware of. And from the comments I see on the P1 Facebook group, even their Marvel license (which has only been Spidey related) is on hold.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #859
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m sure their license is on hold for the same reason XM can’t do 1:4 marvel in North America.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:56 PM   #860
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Prime 1 piggybacks off of Sideshow's DC and Marvel 1/4 licenses to make the 1/4 scale stuff. I'm guessing Sideshow stopped Prime 1 from using their Marvel license and that's why we haven't seen anything in the Marvel line except for Spider-Man 2099, Anti-Venom, and Venom.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote