Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 05-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #21
The Fog
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Is Bat Collector a sculptor or Artist, he seems really depressing and depraving on alot of items, the FS of Dr. Strange is one of the best mass market statues of any character anytime, anywhere, from anybody, but that's just my opinion.
It's certainly better than most of what's out there, like the character or not, it's just a great all around piece and if you get it or just see it you'll understand.
Sorry BC but the head on the sculpt looks fine to everyone but you, you probably don't like the leaf on Michelangelo's statue of David.
The Fog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #22
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKO
Is Bat Collector a sculptor or Artist, he seems really depressing and depraving on alot of items, the FS of Dr. Strange is one of the best mass market statues of any character anytime, anywhere, from anybody, but that's just my opinion.
It's certainly better than most of what's out there, like the character or not, it's just a great all around piece and if you get it or just see it you'll understand.
Sorry BC but the head on the sculpt looks fine to everyone but you, you probably don't like the leaf on Michelangelo's statue of David.

Well said!!!
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:59 PM   #23
Batwing
Cobra Command

Overall, an awesome FS and befitting of the one true Master of the Mystic Arts!

The only observation worth raising--this is the first FS with a square peg instead of a round one to attach the statue to the base. Physics-wise I had quite a challenging time attaching him to the base.

Anyone else notice the square peg or encountered similar difficulties?
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #24
furie
The X-Men

Maybe the best FS in years.
furie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #25
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by furie
Maybe the best FS in years.
Absolutely! I love looking at this on my shelf every time!!!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #26
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKO
I think that Bat Collector is, like many of us, a collector that likes to express his opinion. He like many others here give praise when it is due and criticism when it is due. (Of course it is his opinion) One thing he also does is speak his mind candidly and directly. He is a contributor to this forum in many ways, and as you can tell by the many barbs and pokes his way, many people here feel comfortable enough to give him crap in a playful way. Not trying to jump on you here, but I don't think its called for to call him out for his opinion. Even if he clearly has no taste when it comes to his comic book company allegiance.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:31 PM   #27
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage
...I don't think its called for to call him out for his opinion. Even if he clearly has no taste when it comes to his comic book company allegiance.

Cage, I love your brand of hypocrisy!!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #28
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Ok I saw this last week and I passed on it the neck IMO looks too long but other than that it looks good.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #29
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The cape is stunning but there are technically far superior sculpts from Bowen in Phase 2. From a purely perfect anatomy I would say Sabretooth from Ray is the best.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #30
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage
I think that Bat Collector is, like many of us, a collector that likes to express his opinion. He like many others here give praise when it is due and criticism when it is due. (Of course it is his opinion) One thing he also does is speak his mind candidly and directly. He is a contributor to this forum in many ways, and as you can tell by the many barbs and pokes his way, many people here feel comfortable enough to give him crap in a playful way. Not trying to jump on you here, but I don't think its called for to call him out for his opinion. Even if he clearly has no taste when it comes to his comic book company allegiance.

Goddamn straight. Bats has every right to express his opinion, no matter how wrong , whenever and wherever he wants, and he takes time to do his reviews so other people can benefit. So yes, he is tasteless , but he has every damn right to be.

PS. Love ya mike.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote