Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 02-18-2009, 06:19 AM   #61
jsnchrry
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Sweet! I just won the silver Moon Knight on E-bay last night for 99.00 ..woo hoo!! Last week I got a me a Ghost Rider black chrome the week before for 69.99 ...deals o' plenty are a foot on the bay!!
jsnchrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #62
J Storm
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnchrry View Post
Sweet! I just won the silver Moon Knight on E-bay last night for 99.00 ..woo hoo!! Last week I got a me a Ghost Rider black chrome the week before for 69.99 ...deals o' plenty are a foot on the bay!!
nice pickup, I got mine for $110 last year. The GR is great deal too.
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #63
jsnchrry
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I would like to comment on my thoughts on the Moon Knight FS. Many fans of Bowen Designs have complained about this statue and I believe it has gotten a bad rap. First off the Moon Knight is supposed to be silver as thats how he appeared originally in the comics. Second many have also complained the statue is too drab,too tall or not detailed enough. Lets look at the facts here Moon Knight doesnt have the snappiest uniform in the Marvel Universe possessing a rather simple costume but one that has always my favorite. Size of the statue has also been a concern as he towers in hieght above even mighty Galactus. One can solve this by placing him on top of your detolf/ curio where he will look great towering over your Bowen collection. This statue may have some issues ...but all in all it is an amazing piece and for the price it can be obtained on E-bay makes it a hard to pass up statue. I highly recommend this piece and praise the Kucharek bros. for another fine sculpt.
jsnchrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:44 AM   #64
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Nice review Mike. So the paint is a problem for you. Looks like a similar silver they used on the Silver Surfer. The height is going to be a problem for most collectors. I don't get why its so bloody tall.
I think it's because they want people to put it behing other sculpts and still see it.
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote