Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 10-08-2006, 03:15 AM   #21
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Great review Bulls. I like the diorama, nice to see the pics since I never picked it up.
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:16 AM   #22
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Thanks for the great review, Bulls! This is the piece that first got me collecting statues only a few short months ago, thus, it'll always be special to me. And I have no doubt it'll rank among my top statues for years to come.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:44 AM   #23
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Eliminating the Bowen standing pose on the left, and comparing the remaining 3 side by side, the SS Spidey wins as the most fluid and agile of all of them. The Bowen one in the middle looks goofy and the other one on the right doesn't look very natural.

Many sculptors try to pull off the dynamic poses from the comic pages but very few succeed. Martin's Spidey is the best one that I have seen accomplishing the spidery pose. It's a pure spider-sense moment. It's telling Spidey to jump out of the way or get smashed.
Don't get me wrong, the Spider-Man sculpt is very good, but I don't think it's the better part of the diorama like the review suggests. I don't think Spider-Man can stand alone well on it's own as a separate sculpt, therefore I think it's more of a complimetary addition to the Hulk statue. Maybe it's just me, but I don't fell like I'm getting 2 complete full size statues in this piece like the "vs" series leads you to believe. Overall, it's a great looking statue, but I don't think I'm losing out on much by keeping Spidey in the box, compared to losing out on the best possible display angle from having Spiderman in the way.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:30 AM   #24
BOSCO
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Great review Bulls
BOSCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:42 AM   #25
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Great Review Bulls!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #26
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
Don't get me wrong, the Spider-Man sculpt is very good, but I don't think it's the better part of the diorama like the review suggests. I don't think Spider-Man can stand alone well on it's own as a separate sculpt, therefore I think it's more of a complimetary addition to the Hulk statue. Maybe it's just me, but I don't fell like I'm getting 2 complete full size statues in this piece like the "vs" series leads you to believe. Overall, it's a great looking statue, but I don't think I'm losing out on much by keeping Spidey in the box, compared to losing out on the best possible display angle from having Spiderman in the way.
but how are you not getting to FS characters???

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #27
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Great review of an awesome piece Bulls !!
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #28
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

MAssive review Bullseye of a massive piece. I have read it with pleasure.

Hopefully we will read more of these high-quality reviews in the near future! Keep up the good work amigo!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:11 AM   #29
Actarus
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Many thanks!
Actarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #30
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't fell like I'm getting 2 complete full size statues in this piece like the "vs" series leads you to believe.
From a technical point of view, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Either you make Hulk smaller and everyone complains because they want their Hulks massive or...you make Spidey bigger and everyone complains because it's out of scale and Hulk looks puny.

This piece is just incredible. Top 5 of the year for sure. Displayability is an issue but to me it would feel incomplete if Spidey wasn't there. The way I see it, I feel that I bought a Vs piece and not a Hulk piece. In my mind I already see it a certain way with Spidey always included. Taking him out would feel wrong.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote