Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-13-2005, 12:06 PM   #21
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
You being an English man and no different from myself would surely prefer a home-made chip to those extruded potatoe fries.
My mother-in-law makes fantastic home-made chips. Mmmmmm... chips... But restaurant-wise, Ronnie McDonnie leads the world if you ask me.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:06 PM   #22
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief
Well, I drive a tiny little Ford KA and love it too, so just count me as part of the underclass on all fronts! Only time I get to see these gas-guzzling, Earth destroying Yank cars nowadays is on Pimp My Ride. Definitely, if you have your lithos framed it's a world apart from sticking a poster to your wall with Blu-tak...

wait, you watch pimp my ride? Do you aspire to have you're little ford up on some 22's my british brother?
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:08 PM   #23
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well, I drive a tiny little Ford KA and love it too, so just count me as part of the underclass on all fronts! Only time I get to see these gas-guzzling, Earth destroying Yank cars nowadays is on Pimp My Ride. Definitely, if you have your lithos framed it's a world apart from sticking a poster to your wall with Blu-tak...
The nearest i've gotten to one of those gas-guzzling cars is to the blu-tak poster you refer to.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #24
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
My mother-in-law makes fantastic home-made chips. Mmmmmm... chips... But restaurant-wise, Ronnie McDonnie leads the world if you ask me.
No way. Give me your m-i-l's chips anyday with a jar of mayo.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #25
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
wait, you watch pimp my ride? Do you aspire to have you're little ford up on some 22's my british brother?
Hell yeah, we'd love to have our ride pimped. We're gonna put an 18-inch monitor... in the trunk!!! Classic stuff. There's a British version on air here too, but the host (DJ Tim Westwood) has none of the charisma of X to the Z, and we have laws against people riding around in the kind of death-traps your students seem to drive...
Old 10-13-2005, 12:10 PM   #26
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
No way. Give me your m-i-l's chips anyday with a jar of mayo.
What are you, Dutch?

I've turned this simple little Giclee thread to Pimp My Ride, now Pulp Fiction...
Old 10-13-2005, 12:14 PM   #27
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
What are you, Dutch?

I've turned this simple little Giclee thread to Pimp My Ride, now Pulp Fiction...
Nah i want ketchup on my burger.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:54 PM   #28
HFA
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
You're not crazy, just have different priorities, as we all have (you have particularly good taste in original art too!). It just rankles me a little to hear folks who are more than satisfied with lithographs dismissed as inferior. Sadly, I have no idea what a modern Chevy or a modern Cadillac look like, but I get the idea.
I don't think anyone is dismissed as "inferior" for wanting a lithograph. There is nothing wrong with lithographs. I have seen quite the opposite on the forum: giclee collectors getting taunted by collectors that may not know the difference. That's the whole purpose of these threads: to educate, right?

Lithos are great. I have many myself! I don't sell them as much on my site, simply due to cost. By the time I stock, pack, and ship one of the "cheapies", I have lost money. I still stock them, though, and I usually just take them to shows and blow them out. That's yet another difference between my gallery and others...I actually care about the people that can't drop $1000 a pop on a regular basis.

The bottom line that I tell ANY customer (either a $20 customer at a convention, or a $1000+ customer from the website): buy what you like, and hopefully what you can afford! No harm in that.

I'll eat McDs once in awhile too, but I would prefer the nice steakhouse if I had the money. Totally understandable if you NEVER eat at a fine steakhouse...there are more important things in life!
HFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:39 PM   #29
rosko23
U talkin' to me?

I actually have a bunch of Lithos as well. Dont want to make myself seem like a pompous asshole. They do look awesome framed, but I prefer a giclee on canvas if it is available. I actually have the Ross/Romita Marvel piece in a lithograph signed and framed. Looks awesome. I bought it b4 I got into giclees. I am thinking about selling it to pick up the giclee, but right now. I am working on finishing up the payments for the other giclees I just worked out a deal with James on.
rosko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:10 PM   #30
leks
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
What are you, Dutch?

Hey since you started this do you UK+Irish guys also love to dip your chips into mayo or is this really our little abnormality?

ontopic: cool stuf but I decided awhile back giclees are not worth it for me, I almost bought one though
leks is offline   Reply With Quote