Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-17-2017, 10:02 AM   #111
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Go look at everything else P1 has done. The optimism is far from blind.
LOL! exactly!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:02 AM   #112
mousse
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Same boat here. Ken is my favorite character and Ive been waiting for the right statue of him since I got into the game and missed out on PCS 1:4. So Ive been waiting for PCS 1:3 Ken.

Meanwhile Chun Li Alpha was so impressive I decided I would get her as a companion piece to Ken. Whats been bugging me though is that I didnt like PCS's Ryu at all, so grabbing Chun locks me into whatever PCS ends up showing.

Now that P1 has the license, I'll probably hold off. It relieves me of having to come up with the money right now when I have some other stuff to worry about. Next, it will likely be a while before they show anything so I may be in a better situation by that time to actually collect more of the line. And then the likelyhood of what they release being badass is incredibly high. Theyre a Japanese company with their own factory and seem to treat their national iconic franchises with a lot of love.

I dont think their prices will be too crazy.
I think I'm still going to get Classic Chun-Li from PCS though, mainly because it was hand sculpted and hand tailored. I respect the traditional art and labour that went into it, and the piece looks great.

When P1 reveal what they're doing, maybe I'll buy their version of Chun-Li too depending on what they do with it.
mousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #113
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Go look at everything else P1 has done. The optimism is far from blind.
yes no question they are talented.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #114
ukshaun
Hercules

Based on image's i've seen, Prime1 appear to be excellent when it comes to paint apps. Prime1 also appear to have good track record of releasing on time. One area where Prime1 are known to drop the ball, sometimes atleast, is when it comes to nailing actors/actresses facial likeness. This is one area where Hot Toys excel. I did spot the other day, Prime1 put out an advert on Facebook searching for talent.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:43 AM   #115
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
So does pcs have any exclusive rights to sf 1/4 scale? I really hope p1 doesn't go any bigger than 1/4. That's big enough for a statue unless you own a museum.
I agree wholeheartedly, Shane. 1/4 scale is perfect for this line. Any bigger and I'm def out.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #116
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Still hoping for a anime accurate line.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #117
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's all about the art direction. If their Chun Li is a pinhead (9-10 heads tall) with an ugly face, and long chicken legs, easy pass, even with translucent resin and a 2ft wide super-detailed base. So, P1's first reveal will be the most important, as it will set the tone for the others.

If they use SFV game files, with detail touches, then they'll have my attention. If they develop their own brand with the art direction, and it clicks with me, then I'll start cutting loose some PCS pieces, but certainly not all.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:42 AM   #118
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemerz View Post
if they do 1/3 it most likely wont be much higher than what pcs is asking for theirs.
If they do 1/3 I imagine it'll still be more expensive, like a hundred or two hundred above PCS MSRP. Also with a larger edition size and being fully sculpted they likely won't have different ones either. Like if they do Chun they won't do alpha or battle at the same time. Faster and translucent resin though.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #119
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

If P1's Chun Li looks like an oversized Square Enix Play Arts Kai figure, I will pass. I can see a lot of people kicking themselves for passing on PCS Chun Li.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27_chunlifigure05.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	104524  
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #120
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
If P1's Chun Li looks like an oversized Square Enix Play Arts Kai figure, I will pass. I can see a lot of people kicking themselves for passing on PCS Chun Li.
How can you compare anything from Prime 1 to that? Are you being serious?
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote