Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #6511
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
Small but latest blu ray haul.

awesome making of on the Fly. It deserves it's own release at over two hours. Get the original as well, Great film. I got both new for cheap on Steelbook

joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:16 AM   #6512
ratchet
Mandarin

Have to give Best Buy props... they were able to secure me a steelbook of GotG. I went in an hour after opening and they were all sold out - so was the next Best Buy... and the next that they checked. They checked another and they had a few left. One of the managers was dating a lady from that store so, over the phone, he says "Babe, grab me a copy of one and bring it home so I can get it for this customer." and thankfully, his babe did it.

Except when I opened it there was only one disc... not two. For some reason they mis-packaged some steelbooks with only one disc - not the two they are supposed to have. Since no one had another to replace it Best Buy opened a regular edition to replace the disc I was missing so I could have the complete package. Like I said, kudos to Best Buy. It's that kind of customer service that keeps me coming back!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #6513
joy_division

The Babadook JB Hi-fi Exclusive Digipak

http://youtu.be/3gpqfrWivRs
Old 12-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #6514
joy_division

The Re-Animator 2-Disc Steelbook. Price is soaring on this one already

http://youtu.be/NqdFCaVNOz8
Old 12-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #6515
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

While I'm a BIG dvd/blu ray collector, I've never been into steelbooks. But if if I were, Re-Animator and The Fly (1986) would be must haves. Thanks for sharing the Re-Animator video jd.
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:35 PM   #6516
joy_division

For those that live in the UK, Tesco has a great deal on at the moment. Buy Dawn of the Planet of the Apes for £15 and get Rise of The Planet of the Apes for free. Both come sealed individually with a little slipcase at the bottom holding them together
Old 12-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #6517
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Amazon (.ca) has the Collectors brd gift set of the 66 Batman series on for $149. That's half off msrp and actually $30 less than the regular brd set.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #6518
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

These showed up today from Amazon

RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:07 PM   #6519
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Escape from New York 2-Disc Blu-ray from Scream Factory releasing in April.

I am glad the Statue of Liberty design will still be part of the packaging.

**BREAKING: ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK Release News**

We have some “A-number one” updates to report today regarding our upcoming (and highly-anticipated) Collector’s Edition of John Carpenter’s legendary film ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK:

- Here’s an exclusive first look at the official newly-commissioned artwork which comes courtesy to us from artist Paul Shipper (Halloween: The Complete Collection). Snake is centrally focused of course, but we felt that it was important to showcase the incredible ensemble cast who are all vitally important to the film too. Purists can rejoice: The iconic original poster art with the beheaded Statue of Liberty will be on the reverse wrap and we wouldn’t dream of not including it!

- Extras (new & existing) are still in progress and will be announced in full details sometime in Feb. This is a 2-disc blu-ray set and will exceed the previous DVD special edition.

- Last and not least (and which will be good news to fans hoping this would happen): We have created a brand new 2K High Definition scan of the inter-positive, struck from the original negative.

- This is a Region A release. Street date is 4/21. You can pre-order the release directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/ac...ctor-s-edition Amazon and other fine online retailer pre-order links should be going up soon in the upcoming months.

Note: If you do order from us on ours site, you’ll receive it two weeks earlier than the national street date and receive an 18” x 24” poster of the new art. Please keep in mind that the poster is only made in limited quantities.

Last edited by Spideristic; 01-06-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #6520
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

SWEET!! That is a day 1 purchase for me. Really hope they incorporate the deleted bank robbery scene into this cut, but they probably won't since Carpenter removed it for pacing issues. Thrilled that they remastered this.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote