Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-26-2015, 02:45 PM   #1231
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

@Hellboy

Statue for statue, due to lack of fees, I would agree that HT offers a greater profit (all things being equal), but (and I think you were also suggesting this) the limitations place on the HT line due to collector interest, make it considerably less lucrative!

Another point that comes to mind, in order to keep a licence, doesn't a company need to produce a certain number of products per year? If so, HT might be getting pushed back in order to ensure these other products get to market to maintain the license. This might be especially true if there are manufacturing limitations within their chosen plant.

Regardless of all those points, I don't think we'll see any greater levels of quality than is usually seen from GG (love it or hate it), which, from a purely collecting perspective, makes the wait criminal.

Finally, seeing what has happened on some of GG other low edition sized statues, I'd be nervous. If you do (finally) end up with a lemon, how quickly, if ever, will they be able to offer a replacement?

All this is just speculation of course.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:43 PM   #1232
grphyx1
Kingpin

in all honesty I think GG priced themselves out of the market with these. I will admit the quality is there, but for an unlicensed property of pretty girl statues, they were $200 overpriced. With that said, there is the possibility that the pre-orders were not as magnificent as they'd hoped for when they piggybacked on the sucker punch girls statues.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:08 PM   #1233
ukshaun
Hercules

Looking on ebay, seem's there's a ton of GG Star Wars stuff for sale. Goes to show busy the company is. Is it, when it comes to the Honey Trap statues, they simply don't have the staff?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:12 PM   #1234
built2shred
Phoenix

If or when the Honey Trap statues get released, odds are they will be a very small edition size and in return will end up being very sought after (IE: Black Widow & Artemisia)... Anyone who misses out will probably be disappointed... That's why I've kept my pre-orders on all of them.. might be another year before their released but I'm patient
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:45 AM   #1235
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm patient too. I was so impressed with Whisper that I'm quite confident it'll be worth the wait when they finally do arrive. It helps that statues aren't like a drug for me though as they seem to be for so many other collectors. I'm not one of those that constantly needs a fix. That said I've been there, so maybe it's just that I got that out of my system as my collecting habits have matured.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:33 PM   #1236
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm patient as well. I only have Whisper on order, but I've considered others and will consider others if she turns out as good as expected.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:23 PM   #1237
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Licensed products like Star Wars and Marvel also have a much stronger collector base while Honey Trap is very much a niche line. Keeping those collectors interested is a priority to keep the company viable in the growing collector market.
Shanna was supposed to be out in 1st quarter 2015. She's not out yet, the website isn't updated with a new release date, or edition size. She's Marvel too.

Shanna is probably the same factory as the Honey Trap girls. That's how they are handling Marvel stuff.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:28 PM   #1238
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

So I wonder what will arrive faster.. the next one of these or the next Sideshow Court of the Dead fig?

And my Walking Dead Darrell and the Wolves exclusive statue has gone from 1st Q 2015 to 2nd Q 2015 to now 3rd Q 2015. UGH.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:25 PM   #1239
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

it amazing this company is still alive.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:52 PM   #1240
dockingbay97
Frackin!

SDCC 2014 - no Honey Trap on display at the GG booth
SDCC 2013 - exclusive Whisper and statues on display
SDCC 2012 - statues on display