The Masters of Evil

Cant wait to own this.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:26 PM   #1342
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Like I told you yesterday, Mint ...Mike told me the same thing. DC Trinity are production pieces.

Mike also told me that WW's back was keyed so that the shield and sword wouldn't move when installed. Displaying WW without the shield and sword will leave a hole on her back.
That's disappointing about the key... Although depending on the angle you place her at you might not notice the hole on her back...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #1343
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
That's disappointing about the key... Although depending on the angle you place her at you might not notice the hole on her back...
Yea, you could do that.

I told Mike it was a shame to ruin such a great sculpt of her back.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:07 PM   #1344
pdenham
Teen Titans

The problem is her body and head are orientated in such a way that this could have easily been displayed in a "back prominent" way and still had a glimpse of her face.

I have no desire to do that with the shield stuck there so that automatically reduces the range of angles this can be displayed in right off the bat, by a tremendous amount.

Bad move not to have contoured the inside of the sheild and incorporated a magnet, rather than a key, to keep it in place.

On the other hand, depending upon the key size and just what it infringes, someone like Vince might be able to do some awesome and worthwhile custom conversions.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:19 AM   #1345
blackbat
Frackin!

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but is the leather strap on right at SDCC? It looks like it's too high compared to the prototype.
blackbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:17 AM   #1346
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I think a couple others have mentioned the strap. I noticed it too when they released that first dc video, but didn’t care enough to mention it. It definitely needs to be adjusted.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #1347
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I mentioned the strap. And now that we know it’s a production piece I hope we can still safely assume the strap is wrong. Bc if after production it has to be position close to her neck like its strangling her due to the sheild key, I’m going to be pissed. It is too distracting and not flattering.

Can anybody who is hanging around SS today ask?
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:37 AM   #1348
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I mentioned the strap. And now that we know it’s a production piece I hope we can still safely assume the strap is wrong. Bc if after production it has to be position close to her neck like its strangling her due to the sheild key, I’m going to be pissed. It is too distracting and not flattering.

I believe in the prototype the strap went across her chest, odds are the person setting it up didn't want to hide her cleavage with the strap so they pushed it aside but now it looks like it's strangling her.. the strap looks like mix media so I'm sure you can adjust it...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:52 AM   #1349
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnopy76 View Post
confirmed, it could be shown without the shield its clean back
Lol...not anymore...how much can things change in 2 months....
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #1350
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

I asked Mike (Program Manager) at the SDCC booth. He said that strap can be adjusted to go across her chest. That strap was just positioned wrong on the display.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote