Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-21-2019, 02:56 PM   #1391
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
DC shat on their customers for no reason. Every Joelle Jones statue was well-received.
Maybe the sale was actually poor? Damn they should have at least made Poison Ivy.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:13 PM   #1392
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Maybe the sale was actually poor? Damn they should have at least made Poison Ivy.
Starting all over again is a stupid idea. If sales were low, DC should go with lower ESes instead. I'm a big Batgirl fan, but I'm in no rush to get the Frank Cho version.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:38 PM   #1393
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Starting all over again is a stupid idea. If sales were low, DC should go with lower ESes instead. I'm a big Batgirl fan, but I'm in no rush to get the Frank Cho version.

I think they took a big hit with the mess up of Mera. Honestly people got an awesome price point. So people were waiting to get a better price drop on others. So they canned the Jones line because she wasn’t as well known as other artists. But to not at least complete a trio like Catwoman. Harley with a Poison Ivy is a disservice. Maybe there is more to the story. Maybe she didn’t want to do anymore. Who knows. I just hate that my Gotham Sirens really won’t be complete.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #1394
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Just got confirmation that Huntress will indeed be the last Joelle Jones Cover Girl.

So many possibilities lost.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:00 PM   #1395
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Yeah, I don’t know why they insist on 5000 ES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
I think they took a big hit with the mess up of Mera. Honestly people got an awesome price point. So people were waiting to get a better price drop on others. So they canned the Jones line because she wasn’t as well known as other artists. But to not at least complete a trio like Catwoman. Harley with a Poison Ivy is a disservice. Maybe there is more to the story. Maybe she didn’t want to do anymore. Who knows. I just hate that my Gotham Sirens really won’t be complete.
But, wouldn’t Gamestop take the hit for Mera rather than DC collectibles unless DC collectibles own Gamestop? Yeah, the price keeps dropping with JJ line statue, was this always the case with the other artists’ Covergirl statue?
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:26 PM   #1396
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Yeah, I don’t know why they insist on 5000 ES.

But, wouldn’t Gamestop take the hit for Mera rather than DC collectibles unless DC collectibles own Gamestop? Yeah, the price keeps dropping with JJ line statue, was this always the case with the other artists’ Covergirl statue?
A lot of the Artgerm statues were sold for very cheap at various points in time. Again, the real culprit is that massive ES, not "popularity".
Old 06-21-2019, 07:38 PM   #1397
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs down Ashes to ashes

Quote:
DC shat on their customers for no reason. Every Joelle Jones statue was well-received.
I’m wondering if perhaps they’d done something to her and she’d had enough. She doesn’t seem like the type to stick around in an uncomfortable situation.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:19 PM   #1398
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
I’m wondering if perhaps they’d done something to her and she’d had enough. She doesn’t seem like the type to stick around in an uncomfortable situation.
I blame Jim Fletcher.

Quote:
This guy runs DC Collectibles, and this pic tells you all you need to know:

Old 06-21-2019, 08:55 PM   #1399
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Ugh...really liked the line. I really like Cho's artwork but just like Artgerm I do not personally like most of the statues that are based on their style.
S'funny... I felt exactly same way about Jones' stuff.... great art, not-so-great statues sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
My trio is ruined. I’m throwing away my Harley Quinn.
The trio comments made me recheck my collection and I only have the Sirens as a group in the KOTO "Gotham City Sirens" series, the Sho Murase Artist's Alley series and the Diamond Select BTAS collection. Not even Artgerm, Bombshells or others, mostly because I ODed on Harley early on in the game. Most of my Harleys are from BTAS (I love the Nurse Harley, webbed thighs and all). I almost got the bomb-riding Bombshells version (v.2).
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Frank Cho is a consummate pin-up artist. Cute and sexy all the way. He keeps it light and amusing. It's nice to see variety like this, instead of all just plain poses (like some folks are complaining about with bishoujos of late.) I think this one's adorable as is.
Never said he wasn’t and I love his depictions, but cover girl or not, he can drift into the “too cute” realm and I stand by that opinion. I will still get his Batgirl but with some trepidation in the future regarding other statues. We’ll see. I didn’t care at all for Hughes “ditzy” Batgirl or Jones’ “see me” selfie pose. The whole “Burnside” run left me cold to begin with…. Not the Batgirl I remembered or cared for.

http://www.shesfantastic.com/2012/12...rl-statue.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	batgirl AH.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	124091   Click image for larger version

Name:	batgirl JJ.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	124092  
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #1400
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
S'funny... I felt exactly same way about Jones' stuff.... great art, not-so-great statues sometimes.

I didn’t care at all for Hughes “ditzy” Batgirl or Jones’ “see me” selfie pose. The whole “Burnside” run left me cold to begin with…. Not the Batgirl I remembered or cared for.