Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-21-2019, 12:54 PM   #241
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I'm not super annoyed.
The Prime 1 piece has brought to my attention just how curved Aliens upper front teeth are. All these years of catching glimpses of the monster in the movie, and it's taken until now to be educated on the matter.
Don´t worry about that. Same here. And never forget, three different heads are to be seen in the movie. The most curved teeth line had the Rambaldi had, as he had to alter Giger´s design so the attack tongue mechanism could work. Giger was not happy about that either.

I more and more get the impression, that Prime1´s Chap does incorporate allot of the different versions of Giger´s Alien, the initial sculpt by him, the Rambaldi animatronic version and the stunt version. All have slight alterations. Don´t pin my down to this, but I guess over at the Strange Shapes web blog was once an article about these different heads: https://alienseries.wordpress.com/alien/
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:01 PM   #242
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwholaughs View Post
Don´t worry about that. Same here. And never forget, three different heads are to be seen in the movie. The most curved teeth line had the Rambaldi had, as he had to alter Giger´s design so the attack tongue mechanism could work. Giger was not happy about that either.

I more and more get the impression, that Prime1´s Chap does incorporate allot of the different versions of Giger´s Alien, the initial sculpt by him, the Rambaldi animatronic version and the stunt version. All have slight alterations. Don´t pin my down to this, but I guess over at the Strange Shapes web blog was once an article about these different heads: https://alienseries.wordpress.com/alien/
I never knew that.

I have an Alien book somewhere. The plan is to dig it out and have a good study. The images what show straighter front teeth look better and make more sense. To have a curved set of teeth bite down onto straight (lower jaw) teeth wouldn't make sense.
Sure, it's a fantasy creature etc
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #243
clutch
Sailor Moon

I think the curvature is due to the photo. Look at the museum pose teeth.

I believe Giger said the animatronic head Had a monkey face. He also said that about Sil. He also didn't have anything good to say about Andrew Ainsworth who tried to do the suit in clear.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #244
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I never knew that.

I have an Alien book somewhere. The plan is to dig it out and have a good study. The images what show straighter front teeth look better and make more sense. To have a curved set of teeth bite down onto straight (lower jaw) teeth wouldn't make sense.
Sure, it's a fantasy creature etc
Only issue with your post telling the open mouth is after thought which is completely wrong I spoke with Creative director from Prime1 at the shop telling me that the artist who did the Big chap and Warrior is a huge hardcore fan. He put a lot care into the sculpt everything is meticulously craft with details and sculpt is sharp. you need see in person to really understand what i mean.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #245
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwholaughs View Post

Very true this is exactly what Creative director told me

Prime1´s Chap does incorporate a lot of the different versions of Giger´s Alien.

Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #246
Cromulon
Justice League

Personally, i am tired of seeing museum pose and bending over getting F in the A, aliens.. Action poses convey more feelings about the piece 100%. I will be getting the action pose Big Chap. I like my aliens that don't pick up the soap...
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:09 PM   #247
Mister Ski
The Avengers

This is looking so good. I am Team Action Pose.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:12 PM   #248
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulon View Post
Personally, i am tired of seeing museum pose and bending over getting F in the A, aliens.. Action poses convey more feelings about the piece 100%. I will be getting the action pose Big Chap. I like my aliens that don't pick up the soap...
Mamegyorai surely went for the hardcore fans that know all special features and all behind the scene footage. It is a shame, they wasted their Chap on a not so easy to sell pose and a lacklustre paint job.

I hope Prime does asap show more and better pics of the action pose and the switch out head.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #249
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Not sure if this was mentioned here but I saw on a Facebook post that a closed mouth portrait will be included.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:50 AM   #250
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote