Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-02-2020, 11:02 PM   #481
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
And yet, so many were willing to suspend reality with Michael Keaton as Batman who is 5'8 and weighs a buck fifty. They list him as 5'9" but we all know how that goes with actors. Tell me that Michael Keaton is "anything close to peak human strength and conditioning" anymore than Robert Pattinson is and I'll tell you that neither one of them are even close.

Anyway, I remember watching Michael Keaton as Batman holding a full grown man at arms length of the edge of a building and laughing out loud in the theater back in 1980 while watching the shrimp playing Batman. (We're talking about Batman who more than most all other superheroes should be an amazing physical specimen since he has zero super powers). It was a joke to watch Keaton Batman do that as that little dude could never do such a thing. At least Pattinson has the frame to fill out if he's actually got the will power to train hard enough...which he may not. I don't want some skinny dude who looks more like the Scarecrow playing Batman, but I also didn't want some little Robin sized guy playing The Bat either and I was surprised by how many people defended that decision by TB...I thought it was a joke just like his desire to have Nick Cage play Superman...which would have been sooooo bad...
I thought Keaton was physically the worst. I’m not saying I didn’t like those two movies but he’s hardly the bar for the perfect Batman imo
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:54 PM   #482
built2shred
Phoenix

Back in 89' actors playing superheros were not expected to be all ripped, hell even Bale wasn't ripped, he was in good shape, but he didn't have muscles bulging everywhere... Even though Christopher Reeve was a few inches taller than Cavill, Cavill was far more intimidating looking than Reeve ever was... Yet some people still say Reeve was the best Superman ever...

Wonder Woman should be semi ripped, but we have a skinny model playing her right now... Sure Gadot is fit, but she doesn't look ripped like you would think an Amazon Warrior would be...

Anyways my point being that most people are judging the actors more on their acting than their physical appearance.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:20 AM   #483
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Back in 89' actors playing superheros were not expected to be all ripped, hell even Bale wasn't ripped, he was in good shape, but he didn't have muscles bulging everywhere... Even though Christopher Reeve was a few inches taller than Cavill, Cavill was far more intimidating looking than Reeve ever was... Yet some people still say Reeve was the best Superman ever...

Wonder Woman should be semi ripped, but we have a skinny model playing her right now... Sure Gadot is fit, but she doesn't look ripped like you would think an Amazon Warrior would be...

Anyways my point being that most people are judging the actors more on their acting than their physical appearance.
Sorry, I misspoke and said 1980, I stand corrected as to the year, but not to my point about a lot of people giving Keaton getting a free pass because back in 1989 no one expected actors to get ripped to play a role. He was physically a complete joke to play the role of Batman and that's all there is to it. Now the Mad Hatter, he would have been an amazing Mad Hatter...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:01 AM   #484
built2shred
Phoenix

The way Tim Burton shot the movie it didn't seem like Keaton was that small thanks to creative camera work... To be honest I never thought Keaton was too small for the role, it's not like he looked like Pee-wee Herman. Keep in mind the last live action Batman we saw was Adam West with the whole "POW" "BAM"...

Personally I enjoyed Keaton's version of Batman, I found the movies entertaining and I would say Burton's version of Batman is probably the closest we've got to a comic book version.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:47 AM   #485
adee
Green Arrow

It will be the same for Pattinson, if the movie is good and he's good in it no one will be complaining about his physique.

I hope that does end up being the case. I admit I'm very skeptical being so far the only thing I've liked is the car.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:24 AM   #486
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
You guys know batman isn't real, right?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:15 PM   #487
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
It will be the same for Pattinson, if the movie is good and he's good in it no one will be complaining about his physique.

I hope that does end up being the case. I admit I'm very skeptical being so far the only thing I've liked is the car.
I think we should expect both to be honest. A good movie and an actor that embodies the hero.

If anything the Captain America movies showed this was more than possible.

Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:41 AM   #488
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I think we should expect both to be honest. A good movie and an actor that embodies the hero.

If anything the Captain America movies showed this was more than possible.

U remember when the nerds were all like meh meh Jack Nicholson Is the best Joker ever , Heath Ledger is a terrible choice? They never learn.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:19 AM   #489
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
U remember when the nerds were all like meh meh Jack Nicholson Is the best Joker ever , Heath Ledger is a terrible choice? They never learn.
yes i remember all the "brokeback batman" jokes on the forums, i would have loved to see the looks on their face when they watched that movie for the first time
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:38 AM   #490
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I do remember that. Good point btw. I also remember when they announced Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. Really like the guys acting, just not believable as Luthor. I’ll still give this a chance, just going in with low expectations.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote