Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-22-2014, 03:49 AM   #1031
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Where did you get a $25 gift card? Is that the one that came with the package a bit ago? I havent opened mine yet.
Yes it came included with the faction packs. It also says its can only be used on select CotD peices so I assume the ones that dont sell as well will be allowed this discount. Hopefully it can be used on the vast majority since only a few from the collection I really desire. we shall see soon enough I believe. Either with the release of kier or when the Queen starts shipping.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:52 AM   #1032
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

That was a great vid, loved seeing all those Elizabethan and Victorian influences in the concept sketches, also excited to hear them mention Mayan culture as a possible influence.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:09 AM   #1033
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

This could be a great companion piece to the Egyptian inspired Cleopsis.

The Anubis headpiece, the inverted Ankh symbol that is exposing her body cavity.
Also those bottles on her back were known as Canopic jars and were used to store the organs of the person that was to be mummified, so she has her heart, lungs etc, strapped to her back.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:15 AM   #1034
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
That was a great vid, loved seeing all those Elizabethan and Victorian influences in the concept sketches, also excited to hear them mention Mayan culture as a possible influence.
I love how they fashioned Xiall from those time periods. It's one of my periods in time.

Being that I was in Mexico recently, I soaked in all that Mayan culture and hope they introduce a character influenced in such a way.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #1035
dechirico7
The Flash

How much longer til we get Queenie!!!!?????!!!!
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #1036
toty21
The Avengers

Strange enough as amazing as these statues seem for the work of art that they are, and I was really excited to see the line-up when displayed at SDCC, I have completely lost interest now...very odd given that I love supernatural/creatures themed statues.
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #1037
Thor57
Teen Titans

Whats caused you to lose interest?
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #1038
toty21
The Avengers

Quote:
Whats caused you to lose interest?
That is the odd part, I had QOTD on order because i really appreciated the artistic and unique nature of the sculpt, but after giving it some deep thought I realized that it was just a temporary thing and really have no tangible connection to it. I still stand that these are marvelous pieces of art though.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:33 AM   #1039
Thor57
Teen Titans

I dont think anyone can have any tangible connection to it since its a new property. I think the reason I'm getting them is not only due to being works of art, but the theme of the undead. They will look real good displayed with some of my more heroic fantasy counterparts. Mind you, I'm not getting all of them. Of the ones announced, I'm on board with 6 of them.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #1040
toty21
The Avengers

Quote:
I dont think anyone can have any tangible connection to it since its a new property. I think the reason I'm getting them is not only due to being works of art, but the theme of the undead. They will look real good displayed with some of my more heroic fantasy counterparts. Mind you, I'm not getting all of them. Of the ones announced, I'm on board with 6 of them.
Perhaps that is what it is, who knows. 6 is quite a large sample from the entire line, I am glad you are very enthusiastic about these pieces, I hope the line does very well. The artists that worked on this are creme de la creme for sure.