Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 04-19-2020, 09:06 AM   #1951
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
Gothamite is a dude.
Really? awhile back Gothamite claimed to be female...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:28 AM   #1952
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Wow. I am speechless
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 11:44 AM   #1953
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think she got banned for her political outburst... Although she was kind of baited into it, I hope the other person got banned too, it would only be fair...
I cannot comment on the political outburst since I am not sure where it appeared or what was said.

I think it was something a long time coming. I hit the ignore button on her profile so I have not seen what she has said. There were constant attacks from her on others here and yes, even though she did post alot of useful info, the antagonistical tone that were directed towards other posters were uncalled for and is not anything anyone should have to put up with.

This site is about a hobby we all share. And the nice thing about hobbies is that they bring us joy. Yes we are not all going to agree on what is a good statue or not , what is good art or not, etc and people should be allowed to express that opinion without a hateful, personal attack directed towards them.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:54 PM   #1954
vudoo1979

This site is about a hobby we all share. And the nice thing about hobbies is that they bring us joy. Yes we are not all going to agree on what is a good statue or not , what is good art or not, etc and people should be allowed to express that opinion without a hateful, personal attack directed towards them.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Everyone should be allowed to like what they want. That is the beauty in the hobby. What might be beautiful to one person might not be to another. That is the best part about this hobby. Because sometimes. Seeing someone else’s pictures make me see how truly unique.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 01:18 PM   #1955
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Really? awhile back Gothamite claimed to be female...
Are you sure it wasn't a joke? It's been a long time since I've talked to him so I guess he could have made some major life changes...
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:10 PM   #1956
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Gothamite was lovely to me. And he generates a lot of traffic. I never experienced nor did I witness this alleged jerky side. Perhaps some may have received him negatively because at times we may get lost in translation. It is possible that attitude was assumed when none was intended?
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:59 PM   #1957
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
Are you sure it wasn't a joke? It's been a long time since I've talked to him so I guess he could have made some major life changes...
When I read your username properly I got hit with a bad case of the giggles.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:31 PM   #1958
Augen
Metal Men

Red face

Gothamite was always nice to me, but I know struggled taking things personally on here.

I learned years ago that online isn't real life and to move on and not engage with certain arguments.

Sad ol Gothy is banned, didn't realize it. Always was great updating threads in this section.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:54 AM   #1959
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Gothamite wasn't chick ? :O he fooled me, that ***** lol I'm glad they banned him... he was such hot head and he hated me... so yeah, i'm really glad they banned him.
I'm 99.9999% sure I know who Gothamite is in real life, as I frequent the shop she works at quite a bit, and she is indeed, a she. (Not that that should really matter, but since it's being discussed, I figured I'd throw that out there.)

I'll leave any opinion I have about her behavior, or her person, either way, out of the discussion though.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:34 AM   #1960
built2shred
Phoenix

I would say a lot of us have been hot heads on this forum at one time or another, I know I've probably been on the thin edge of being banned myself But I've turned over a new leaf as proof by my new portrait
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote