Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-13-2020, 06:48 AM   #701
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
All you have to understand is it’s the best Hulk ever made . All this will come to fruition around April when these beasts should start shipping . It’s a stellar piece .
Did you receive any information from XM? Or is it just cheering for it to be released in April, like me?
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:05 AM   #702
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Early info that dribbled out from one of the big retailers in US. From my experience with Hulk Buster I’m sure this will come in batches . It’s not as complicated as a sculpt but it’s big and getting the paint just right on skin can be challenging . I would guess they start in spring start dropping numbers on us through April to May.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:24 AM   #703
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Great news!

The problem with Hulkbuster coming out in batches was because of the cold weather that prevented the paint from drying out. Production took place during a heavy rainy season in Singapore and they had to paint parts by parts, wait for them to dry, and then assemble to ship.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:39 AM   #704
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
Did you receive any information from XM? Or is it just cheering for it to be released in April, like me?
This is what I was told by Todd from Specfiction.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:26 PM   #705
nearmint
Phoenix

I was just looking at the photos of this piece for the thousandth time, and I came to this conclusion. In my perfect world, this piece would be just the Hulk. No Banner, no contraption that the Hulk is standing on. Just the Hulk on maybe a street with some rubble around. I feel that the other stuff just detracts from what I think is the best Hulk sculpt ever.

The other advantage is that this would bring the price down to where many more collectors could enjoy it.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:45 PM   #706
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

You can leave out banner, but still pay. If XM Studios offered 2 versions, a version without a banner would be possible. But with only 1 version, I think it's good that XM Studios chose hulk with banner and the option to display them together or seperate.
For me the base takes nothing away and it fits really well. but that is just a question of different tastes i think.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:35 PM   #707
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I was just looking at the photos of this piece for the thousandth time, and I came to this conclusion. In my perfect world, this piece would be just the Hulk. No Banner, no contraption that the Hulk is standing on. Just the Hulk on maybe a street with some rubble around. I feel that the other stuff just detracts from what I think is the best Hulk sculpt ever.

The other advantage is that this would bring the price down to where many more collectors could enjoy it.
Since in hand pictures of the 1/4 Iron Studios Hulk came out I've been watching video of XM Hulk transformation. I like it a lot(way more than IS) but don't think it's the Hulk for me. I'm not sure if removing the parts you mentioned would change that for me but it should have been an option to buy it that way.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:52 PM   #708
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I think XM did well to offer a unique exclusive here . I purchased this only seeing art lol so I’m was blown away at Hulks sculpt . I’m never ever displaying banner but this is a cool option that gives this a unique stand alone centre piece 1st appearance vibe imo. The base is amazing . I’m sick of rocks but I understand collectors like to link pieces together .

Personally I’m displaying my Wolverine PF in front of Hulk creating my own unique display .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:26 PM   #709
CWalker
The Avengers

I love the base. Huge plus for me.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:33 PM   #710
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Since in hand pictures of the 1/4 Iron Studios Hulk came out I've been watching video of XM Hulk transformation. I like it a lot(way more than IS) but don't think it's the Hulk for me. I'm not sure if removing the parts you mentioned would change that for me but it should have been an option to buy it that way.

Pics of this statue have begun to surface. Yeesh.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote