Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #91
patrickwm68
The Flash

A lot of the show makes no sense but it is just a TV show after all and the main goal is to scare the viewers and leave them wondering WTF? and I think is accomplishes both.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #92
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Once I start watching a show I stick with it to the bitter end. I watched every sorry episode of Heros and Lost
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #93
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
We watched the 3rd or 4th episode last night (it's on FTA here) and had the same discussion. All this freaky, horrific sh!t going on in your new house, and you dare not move because the paediatrician tells you a move might be stressful on the unborn baby (as opposed to the utter nightmare that's otherwise going on) Last night's episode (whatever it was) will be the last for me.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
A lot of the show makes no sense but it is just a TV show after all and the main goal is to scare the viewers and leave them wondering WTF? and I think is accomplishes both.
I got that feeling a bit after the first episode so I will give it credit there but subsequent episodes haven't had the same effect on me. The show is a one trick pony as far as I'm concerned. As a mini series or made for television film I could see it working but as an ongoing series its dragging out plot lines to the point of absurdity instead of creating an intriguing mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Once I start watching a show I stick with it to the bitter end. I watched every sorry episode of Heros and Lost
I'm usually the same but there has to be something there for me to believe the series can come around and unfortunately I haven't felt that way with American Horror Story since the pilot. Where it really lost me was with that Halloween story arc. Talk about watering down the creepiness.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #94
Underdog07
Hercules

Tonight's episode should resolve a lot I think. This seems to be designed as a 1 season show

And I agree with Patrick, part of TV is suspending disbelief. I would probably stay in a hotel, but they have repeatedly said the money s not there. Also they seem to be drawing lines in the sand amongst each other and that stubbornness could be why they are not moving out
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #95
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I generally do the same thing. I really like closure and will watch the good and the bad
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #96
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I got that feeling a bit after the first episode so I will give it credit there but subsequent episodes haven't had the same effect on me. The show is a one trick pony as far as I'm concerned. As a mini series or made for television film I could see it working but as an ongoing series its dragging out plot lines to the point of absurdity instead of creating an intriguing mystery.

I'm usually the same but there has to be something there for me to believe the series can come around and unfortunately I haven't felt that way with American Horror Story since the pilot. Where it really lost me was with that Halloween story arc. Talk about watering down the creepiness.
I'm very disappointed, this show really grabbed me with the 1st episode, and then it's gone progressively down hill from there.

There definitely needs to be a willing suspension of disbelief when watching genre tv/movies, especially horror. This however, has stretched that willing suspension to the breaking point. I'm watching it, and things happen that take me out of the show, and leave me wondering "how are they going to sustain this for multiple seasons?" "How stupid can characters, that are supposed to be intelligent people, really be?" Then they do things in the show that make you cry out "BS!" Things that you know everyone just has to overlook, because otherwise, there would be no show.

I'm a bit OCD about shows, so I'll stick with it through the season, but I've already lost any serious interest.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #97
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito
I'm a bit OCD about shows, so I'll stick with it through the season, but I've already lost any serious interest.
as am I. Its a habit I'm trying hard to break myself of. I did it with Heroes and I just did it with American Horror Story last night by deleting the last unwatched episode off my DVR. I just keep telling myself I'd rather watch one of the many films in my Blu-ray library, play a video game or rent a BD from Netflix. There just isn't enough time in the day/week to devote to a sub-par series in the hopes that it will come around with all these other entertainment options available.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #98
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I just keep telling myself I'd rather watch one of the many films in my Blu-ray library, play a video game or rent a BD from Netflix. There just isn't enough time in the day/week to devote to a sub-par series in the hopes that it will come around with all these other entertainment options available.
This really sums it up right here, and when you put it in those terms, I really should just bail right now and not even watch tonight's episode.

I have done a pretty good job of dropping stuff, and just not even picking up new stuff for the most part. I now need to develop the ability to drop shows mid-season, tonight might be the night.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #99
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Does anyone know of any woman who would eat raw brains and offal (cooked or not) because some crazy neighbor says it would be "good for the baby"?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #100
Marvelito

Well, I didn't watch or DVR last night's episode, but I did read the recap below. The second to the last paragraph has some info about where the series is going, and what subsequent seasons will be like.

http://collider.com/american-horror-...-house/126951/