Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-17-2015, 05:54 PM   #61
azurepred
Zot

you can clearly see it here, I asked for a replacement. If I didn't notice the tongue, I would've sucked it up, but for $1300......

azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #62
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Ouch AP! Sorry to hear that bud! I hope you get yours sorted! Did you order directly from CM or one of their authorized retailers?
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #63
azurepred
Zot

I got it direct, there are no dealers for CM/ECC products in the US......on a consistent basis anyways.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #64
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I'd like to know why they don't use acrylic eyes, especially as these are ment to be the best of the best. It can't be a cost issue considering the retail price
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #65
Max Shreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I got it direct, there are no dealers for CM/ECC products in the US......on a consistent basis anyways.
Fair enough! Let us know what happens!
Old 03-18-2015, 05:26 PM   #66
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
I'd like to know why they don't use acrylic eyes, especially as these are ment to be the best of the best. It can't be a cost issue considering the retail price
I agree, but I do think when applied correctly, it would look just as good as acrylic. The eyes are pretty accurate if you look at the original props, but I wish they were more sinister looking. I wouldn't have 1 complaint about this bust if it came to me without the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
Fair enough! Let us know what happens!
will do, I emailed them yesterday, so hopefully I hear back soon. I would hate to have to send the whole thing back (weighs at least 50lbs) or them deny me a replacement.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #67
Max Shreck

They cannot deny you a replacement if you are unhappy with the product! After all it is not a 20$ toy!
Fingers crossed buddy!
Old 03-18-2015, 09:36 PM   #68
azurepred
Zot

got a response, not sure what I will be doing, as I take the risk of this arriving damaged. At least they offered to fix my issues in house. I guess these weren't decals after all.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:37 PM   #69
azurepred
Zot

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your email. I usually don't personally reply to emails, but when I read you email today I thought it would be best to personally contact you. I understand that you have some issues with the Lycan bust and hopefully we can come to some remedy to satisfy you on these issues. We don't have any more Lycans and by the sound of it, I don't think you are asking for a refund. If you are, you are totally within your 30 day window to return the item for a full refund. Even if we had another piece to replace it with, I need to personally point out that some of these issues are commonly found on all of the pieces so another replacement may not totally address all of the issues.

For the records, the eyes are all hand painted, not decals. They are not meant to be viewed at close range such as on a human face. The eyes are position outward on the side of the face so like on a dog or similar animal the pupils are not painted identically on both sides. If you view the Bust from far range, you will see that both pupils will be starring at the same point on the wall. However, at close range, one will always be more angled than the other. This is an intentional effect. Please stand at least 12 feet from the bust and then have another look at the eyes. Even the Paint Master done by Casey Love was done this way.

The dimple in the eye is caused by the clear epoxy curing. Since they are all had done and the epoxy is all hand laid, there may be some imperfections or elements than may contaminate the curing process. It is possible that a spec of dust may have settled in that area causing the surface of the eye to dimple when the epoxy cured. Again, this can be seen a several piece, not only the one you own.

As for the inside of the mouth, they are all painted, but the difference is that the inner though was not glossed. In fact, none of them are, so even if we had a replacement for you, you may not be satisfied with this area since all of them are the same.

With all of this being said, you are still welcome to return the piece if you are just totally not satisfied with it. If you rather have those issues that you pointed out to be done to your desire, you can ship it back to us and we will make both sides of the eyes to be identical and gloss the inner parts of the mouth. However, you will be owning something different than the rest of the production. Altering the original design to having it to the way you want it may result in devaluing the items. We just need to bring this to your attention. If you never plan on selling it and keeping it for your personal collection, then we are welcome to make the changes for you. You will need to pack up the item and return it to our shipping address. Please advise if this is something you wish to do and a representative will contact you. We also noticed that there is now phone number on file in your account. Please provide us with a phone number should you wish to return the item. We will need to call you to make arrangements prior to you sending the item back to us.

Feel free to email us back if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
George Sohn
Cinemaquette Founder
Old 03-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #70
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

The dimple is fixable. And the mouth can be solved with simple spray of an airbrush.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote