Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-15-2019, 11:56 AM   #511
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
The seam was apparently the only way they could have assembled her with the whip attachment. It was an engineering decision.
This is my conclusion after looking at her. Getting casted as one piece would have been a challenge.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:02 PM   #512
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
you do get a plaque for that.

The seam was apparently the only way they could have assembled her with the whip attachment. It was an engineering decision.
Seriously? The only way? Her hands couldn't have been the separate pieces?

Even if for some reason it was just IMPOSSIBLE to have the hands/whip be separate, then the seams should have been filled and sanded.

I can't see how anyone can make excuses for this. It's one thing to not be bothered by it. It's another to act like it's "right".
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:22 PM   #513
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
But, I thought it was a design choice to give her clothing seams to make it look more like real clothes?

alright, I'm done now.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #514
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Seriously? The only way? Her hands couldn't have been the separate pieces?

Even if for some reason it was just IMPOSSIBLE to have the hands/whip be separate, then the seams should have been filled and sanded.

I can't see how anyone can make excuses for this. It's one thing to not be bothered by it. It's another to act like it's "right".
Did you see the fitting issues that XM had on their 1:6 joker with the hands being attached at the wrists?

In all honesty, I am not saying it's right, but there are levels of costs in production. I think to fill and sand each seam would be costly?! I'm not explaining away anything, you are all capable of making choices as to what you are willing to accept. I don't have her yet, but from what I'm seeing this is not something I will be staring at obsessing over and crying foul.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:36 PM   #515
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
It is really just a stitching detail that they added. It's on every sideshow catwoman statue (purple and black) Tights are just assembled that way and most likely wanted to incorporate a bit of realism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
But, I thought it was a design choice to give her clothing seams to make it look more like real clothes?

alright, I'm done now.
MisterJ, if it were garish and cut anywhere else I'd be more miffed, but the location of it ties into normal stitching. I'll see what she looks like when I get mine.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:39 PM   #516
PaleMan86
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The seam isn't the problem, it's that they didn't even try to line it up or fill it. When I have seams on my sleeves, it doesn't make my arms look like I attach them every morning, but was a little too lazy to do it right today.
PaleMan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:53 PM   #517
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post

alright, I'm done now.
Right....remember about 10 pages back when that was the BS excuse and several of us called BS. I can get the logic, but there is no way they were just magically added for aesthetics.

Still does not explain the pictures because how did Chad ever get one made in one piece? Were the photos altered? Also, why was this change never mentioned? Not cool. Really not cool.

And it's understandable being an engineering need. I had assumed that was the real reason. However, the seams are not good. At all. This is not the only statue that is attached at the arms, so why are they so bad?! But seriously, Superman's poor paint apps (which some of the Catwoman's chest area isn't so hot) and wonky cape were addressed. Will these poorly executed seams get addressed? I know it sucks for Tweeterhead/Chad to have to deal with another issue - but also the factory hosed him and us.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:03 PM   #518
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Did you see the fitting issues that XM had on their 1:6 joker with the hands being attached at the wrists?

In all honesty, I am not saying it's right, but there are levels of costs in production. I think to fill and sand each seam would be costly?! I'm not explaining away anything, you are all capable of making choices as to what you are willing to accept. I don't have her yet, but from what I'm seeing this is not something I will be staring at obsessing over and crying foul.
That last part I get, too. I am probably in the same boat as you - I do not expect that this is going to be something that bothers me THAT much. I just don't want to excuse it, either. I would prefer it looked right, but I can probably deal. I do think the pics we have seen look sloppy. Granted, I am never going to look at it under that microscope, so there is no way it will look as bad as the pics.

I'm sure there are cases of hands not working right. There are plenty where they do (and I imagine the number with no problems far outweigh the ones that have problems) - I have never ran into a problem with detachable hands that I can recall. I'm looking at my Sideshow Wonder Woman PF that has the lasso in each hand. No arm seams.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:10 PM   #519
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Right....remember about 10 pages back when that was the BS excuse and several of us called BS. I can get the logic, but there is no way they were just magically added for aesthetics.

Still does not explain the pictures because how did Chad ever get one made in one piece? Were the photos altered? Also, why was this change never mentioned? Not cool. Really not cool.

And it's understandable being an engineering need. I had assumed that was the real reason. However, the seams are not good. At all. This is not the only statue that is attached at the arms, so why are they so bad?! But seriously, Superman's poor paint apps (which some of the Catwoman's chest area isn't so hot) and wonky cape were addressed. Will these poorly executed seams get addressed? I know it sucks for Tweeterhead/Chad to have to deal with another issue - but also the factory hosed him and us.
Lindsay, I think that was the 3D print master that was painted as the proto. I am sure if you are unhappy when you receive her you will let it be know. I can't elaborate any more, because I see where this is going but, we'll wait until we get her.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #520
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
That last part I get, too. I am probably in the same boat as you - I do not expect that this is going to be something that bothers me THAT much. I just don't want to excuse it, either. I would prefer it looked right, but I can probably deal. I do think the pics we have seen look sloppy. Granted, I am never going to look at it under that microscope, so there is no way it will look as bad as the pics.

I'm sure there are cases of hands not working right. There are plenty where they do (and I imagine the number with no problems far outweigh the ones that have problems) - I have never ran into a problem with detachable hands that I can recall. I'm looking at my Sideshow Wonder Woman PF that has the lasso in each hand. No arm seams.
Unlike WW PF the Catwoman whip is not flexible. We'll reconnoiter when we get her