Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
Spideristic
Kingpin

The Jungle Book

A new live-action/CGI retelling of The Jungle Book from Disney. Directed by Jon Favreau. Release Date: October 9, 2015.

Neel Sethi will be playing Mowgli. And the voice cast includes Bill Murray as Baloo, Idris Elba cast as Shere Khan, Ben Kingsley as Bagheera, Christopher Walken as King Louie, Giancarlo Esposito as Akela, Scarlett Johansson as Kaa and Lupita Nyong'o as Raksha.

Initial concept art:

WB is also planning a live action Jungle Book film, to be directed by Andy Serkis and will be released in Oct 2017.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:43 PM   #2
Spideristic
Kingpin

EricVespe: Jungle Book up next. Release is April 2016. Favreau takes the stage!

EricVespe: Favreau was born in '66, the original came out in '67 so Jungle Book has been a big deal for Favreau all his life

devincf: Favreau here for JUNGLE BOOK, which Sean Bailey calls the most technologically advanced movie ever made. #D23Expo

EricVespe: The appeal for Favreau was to combine some of the deeper stuff from Kipling's novel with his beloved memories of the animated feature.

empiremagazine: Favreau says he wanted to add something to the story & movie he grew up with. Combining the original book and movie with new tech #D23Expo

EricVespe: "The best CGI, in my estimation, is the CGI that disappears." - Favs

empiremagazine: Jungle Book's tech is heavy on the artistry. They're deep in trenches working on it. #D23Expo

devincf: Lupita Nyong'o is here for JUNGLE BOOK. I bet she's back on stage again later.

EricVespe: Favreau is introducing his cast. Ben Kingsley, Lupita Nyong'o and young Neel Sethi

EricVespe: Sethi is being adorable and the audience around me are awwww-ing in unison.

EricVespe: Ben Kingsley plays Bagheera who will be animated, but recorded all his dialogue with Neel Sethi so it would sound like real conversations.

EricVespe: There is a saying amongst some actors to never work with children or animals. I worked with a child and played an animal..." -Ben Kinglsey

EricVespe: Lupita Nyong'o being on stage for Jungle Book bodes well for some good Star Wars stuff later...

osteoferocious: "My mom had a dream board, and one of them was to bring us to Disneyland," Nyong'o says. "So I'm here for her." #D23Expo #JungleBook

EricVespe: Favreau stresses that there's a lot of animation in this movie, but it's all built off of performance.

empiremagazine: For the film, Lupita learned about wolf packs. #D23Expo

empiremagazine: Favreau's brought a poster. And now... Very early footage. The cast hasn't seen it yet. #D23Expo

devincf: CGI in JUNGLE BOOK footage is F****** PHENOMENAL. Makes LIFE OF PI look crude. #D23EXPO

GermainLussier: WOW - STANDING OVATION for Jon_Favreau's The Jungle Book. They didn't even do that for Civil War. It really looks amazing.

EricVespe: Footage from Jungle Book was filled with Disney iconography. Seethi's response to footage: "That was neat!"

GermainLussier: Incredible photo realism, nice blend of tone from serious to playful, and the way they have mimicked some the iconic shots & songs is great

LauInLA: Footage from #TheJungleBook looks gorgeous, recreating all the iconic moments from the animated movie - crowd gives it a standing ovation.

empiremagazine: Jungle Book footage is pretty incredible. Photorealistic backgrounds. Bill Murray as Baloo. Idris Elba as Shere Khan. Huge vistas. #D23Expo

devincf: Christopher Walken as King Louie is just incredible. JUNGLE BOOK just jumped to the top of my 2016 hopes. #D23Expo

EricVespe: Favorite Jungle Book footage... seeing a giant ape hand come out of the shadows and Walken's voice saying "I'm the king. Call me Louie."

empiremagazine: And yes, Bear Necessities is heard #D23Expo

EricVespe: And yes, we heard Bill Murray singing Bare Necessities to Mowgli, complete with floating down the river with the boy on his belly.

EricVespe: But all done in a hugely photorealistic way. Shere Khan is going to give kids nightmares.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
Spideristic
Kingpin

Old 08-15-2015, 05:42 PM   #4
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

What's the point of doing a live action movie when probably 95% of the movie will be CGI? Are they that afraid of the stigma of animated movies only been seen as children's entertainment that they decided to include a single real actor in it and call it live action?
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:46 PM   #5
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
What's the point of doing a live action movie when probably 95% of the movie will be CGI? Are they that afraid of the stigma of animated movies only been seen as children's entertainment that they decided to include a single real actor in it and call it live action?
Does Beowulf and Final Fantasy: Spirits Within ring a bell? Given they both had pretty lame stories might have to do with the poor reception, but animation sadly still has a "kiddie" stigma in the U.S.

Plus can anyone create a fully CGI human that's passable? Sure there are digital actors used for action scenes and we've seen humanoid main characters. But can they cross the uncanny valley?

And we also get Warner Bros Jungle Book movie which seems to be very similar.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/br...ies#.ahjxXDwk8
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #6
Spideristic
Kingpin

idriselba: #1st look of Jungle Book is coming Monday on Access Hollywood Live. #JungleBook. Heavy.

So I guess we can expect the first teaser online by Monday night.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:09 PM   #7
MrYac
Hercules

i wonder what they'll do to poor King Louie this time around since there are still so many morons that claim the Prima version is racist (despite him being an Italian dude who was 100% just being himself). and i'm not happy about Kaa being a girl this time around either.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #8
Spideristic
Kingpin

The Jungle Book Official US Teaser Trailer - YouTube
Old 09-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #9
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Interesting.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #10
Spideristic
Kingpin

Except for the kid playing Mowgli, everything else in The Jungle Book is CGI including all the creatures and environments.

Stunning realism. Some of the locations especially the jungle scenes looks so real.