Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 10-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #61
Alucard
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpsta View Post
great .........i use the iwata hp-cs and the smart jet comp both are great!!...jesse congrats man with the launch!!
I'm happy to hear that a great painter like you uses the same tools I'm gonna use, now all I need is the skill. Time to practice practice practice.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #62
Jesse321
Galactus

Skills and techniques can be learned, if you really put forth the effort to learn them.

And all the various painters and sculptors that I've met over the years, you're NEVER going to meet a more helpful and generous group of guys in your life! All of them have freely shared their knowledge and experience.

If you really want to get into modeling, I strongly suggest a trip to Wonderfest (www.wonderfest.com) next year. What you learn just from hanging out and talking to these guys, is invaluable! Plus, it's a damn good time.

We're actually going to be holding a painting seminar at the show, which will focus on color theory and mixing.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #63
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
Skills and techniques can be learned, if you really put forth the effort to learn them.

And all the various painters and sculptors that I've met over the years, you're NEVER going to meet a more helpful and generous group of guys in your life! All of them have freely shared their knowledge and experience.

If you really want to get into modeling, I strongly suggest a trip to Wonderfest (www.wonderfest.com) next year. What you learn just from hanging out and talking to these guys, is invaluable! Plus, it's a damn good time.

We're actually going to be holding a painting seminar at the show, which will focus on color theory and mixing.
I would love to go but I live in nj I'm gonna have to plan this out good. Wonderfest is in Kentucky?
Old 10-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #64
Jesse321
Galactus

And I live in South Florida, what's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

I been going for past 5 years, and now it's become an annual event now for me. Every year, I automatically call dibs on one weeks vacation time around Wonderfest, and I drive up there ... trust me when I tell you, it is SO worth it!

Yes it's in KY, right by the airport if you want to fly up there.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:18 AM   #65
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Nice I would love to go to Wondefest in the near future as well. Would be great to go to some of the workshops as such.
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:18 AM   #66
Alucard

Quote:
And I live in South Florida, what's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

I been going for past 5 years, and now it's become an annual event now for me. Every year, I automatically call dibs on one weeks vacation time around Wonderfest, and I drive up there ... trust me when I tell you, it is SO worth it!

Yes it's in KY, right by the airport if you want to fly up there.
That's great, I think I'm gonna go next year with a friend of mine that's starting to paint as well. Know any good deals on hotels close to the event?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #67
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
That's great, I think I'm gonna go next year with a friend of mine that's starting to paint as well. Know any good deals on hotels close to the event?
The hotel where the convention is being held at is already booked ... you might probably be able to find something online pretty cheaply close by, but because it's the Memorial Day weekend, prices might be a bit on steeper side than normal.

I know that Wonderfest has a block of rooms locked off at the convention rate, but I THINK they've all been taken, but you can call them directly and check. There are all kinds of after show parties and get togethers in the hotel bar and dinners out with the guys going on.

Trust me, you guys are going to have a blast! If you look at the convention section at GK's, I've posted pictures of the show for the past couple of years ... that way you'll get a good taste of all the eye candy you'll get to see there.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #68
Alucard

Quote:
The hotel where the convention is being held at is already booked ... you might probably be able to find something online pretty cheaply close by, but because it's the Memorial Day weekend, prices might be a bit on steeper side than normal.

I know that Wonderfest has a block of rooms locked off at the convention rate, but I THINK they've all been taken, but you can call them directly and check. There are all kinds of after show parties and get togethers in the hotel bar and dinners out with the guys going on.

Trust me, you guys are going to have a blast! If you look at the convention section at GK's, I've posted pictures of the show for the past couple of years ... that way you'll get a good taste of all the eye candy you'll get to see there.
Ok cool thanks for the info. I just singed up on the GK forum now I'm just waiting for the ok email so I can start posting. Hopefully I can make it to the WF. I would love to go.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:12 PM   #69
mnwolfspider
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I definitely plan on trying out some of your paints, Jesse! Congrats on all your hard work getting it ready to go!
mnwolfspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #70
Jesse321
Galactus

I just got word that the paints are shipping out to me TODAY!

They should arrive to me by early next week and be ready for purchase!