Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-08-2015, 10:23 AM   #1
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

how would you feel about second editions?

when ever he does come back will second editions like DC is doing going to bother you. what of any legal issues of putting out what was advertised as strictly limited editions again.Is it legal?he did put strictly limited on his boxes,right? maybe I am not remembering right.
genesimmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #2
tonytiger
The X-Men

Mix feelings about this..On one hand it sucks.. but some people are over charging for certain statues (Nova comes to mind) and all he would have to do is change the box.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

The value of the Bowen line has already taken a hit between the Rocky's Vault sales and people dumping their collections on eBay. I don't think they need to be making the problem worse by re-releasing old statues. Assuming Bowen does bounce back with the Marvel license, the focus really needs to be on putting out new statues and getting collectors excited again.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
tonytiger
The X-Men

Also..if you the change Paint on certain statues it would be for the better.. As these pic's were already posted here..but I would buy that in a minute.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	162748961.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	88442   Click image for larger version

Name:	162748986.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	88443  
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #5
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Completely unnecessary outside of maybe a few repaints and resculpts to create different versions/characters. As it is the market for Bowen is depressed and there are several other companies now in the space, so I don't think it's going to pull in too many new collectors. Reissuing some of the statues that actually have increased in value is going to alienate long time collectors. And just because a few Nova statues are selling for $500 or whatever does not mean there's suddenly a market for another 1,000 of them. The better strategy I think would be to focus on appealing to Bowen's core audience with new characters and build out from there. While my money is going several other places these days and I have zero budgeted for Bowen Designs, there were about five sneaks posted that I would pick up. And I'd also pick up bust multipacks to start filling in characters. But whatever Bowen does, whether it's continuing the Marvel line or picking up DC, I wish him luck. I am still very happy with what the collection.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Disaster. There are some collectors that have a really bad taste in their mouth with Bowen, particularly around that Pyro-Dreadnaught-Royal Blue Spidey debacle. This would only make it worse.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:33 AM   #7
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Completely unnecessary outside of maybe a few repaints and resculpts to create different versions/characters. As it is the market for Bowen is depressed and there are several other companies now in the space, so I don't think it's going to pull in too many new collectors. And reissuing some of the statues that actually have increased in value is going to alienate long time collectors. The better strategy I think would be to focus on appealing to Bowen's core audience with new characters and build out from there. While my money is going several other places these days and I have zero budgeted for Bowen Designs, there were about five sneaks posted that I would pick up. And I'd also pick up bust multipacks to start filling in characters. But whatever Bowen does, whether it's continuing the Marvel line or picking up DC, I wish him luck. I am still very happy with what the collection.
nothing else to add
Old 02-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #8
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Maybe now we an get that FS Kang
Old 02-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #9
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

And Bowen is like, "yeah, well the bust didnt sell that well,"

Cause who puts a cape on Kang, dammit!
Old 02-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #10
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

great feedback from everyone! I would have major problems with just taking the hot ones and putting them out again.you could only call something like that scummy.Rockys vault is leaving a bad taste in my mouth,but you cant blame them much if they have stock to sell.why didnt they try to sell to some of there dealers out there instead of becomming there competition! nobody mentioned the legality of it. can he just put out the exact same "limited edition" statue again?
genesimmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote